Author Topic: beta-problem with MD  (Read 36790 times)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: beta-problem with MD
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 07:29:03 pm »
did you also check this
Code: [Select]
:http://avenard.com/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Entries/2009/8/27_Trunk___MythTV.html ?
to go back, you'd have to do some major work....I tried that one before last Friday and it didn't really work out...that was exactly the reason, why I did try the DVD.

I have read that.  Looks like the removal would introduce other problems.

J.

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 07:55:11 pm »
so I guess we'll have to wait for a while, because I don't think a reinstall would fix it, because the sources are coded in the installerscripts, right?

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 09:23:54 pm »
okay...now even the core is acting up...yesterday I could at least watch something there...now it seems the nvidia drivers crashed or somthing like that.

if I use the alpha-installer, will I run into the same problems, or will it be working without the hiccups from the DVD- because now I'm really in for another install it seems.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 02:00:41 am »
I installed alpha 2.37 the other day without a hitch.  I had to enable the avenard repo manually to use vdpau, I only enabled 'release' and got mythtv 0.21-fixes.  It looks like mythtv in LMCE is in transition to 0.22 from the avenard 'testing' repo and I was just behind on the info.  ;D

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 03:50:29 am »
...from there you will also get the latest nvidia-drivers. As I also saw there are some problems with nvidia-180-glx, which is also broken.
As far as I understand, currently there is no easy solution for this...except if you switch from mythtv to vdr, perhaps.
actually my main MD (Core/Hybrid) stopped working last night as well. The screen is just black with the white cursor (arrow). I have tried a few things to no avail - and noticed that nvidia-180-glx seemed to be busted also... Anyone else got this?

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 07:20:48 am »
After a while I of fiddling around I got the core working again, but only with basic skin and static ui. I checked out the nvidia-drivers, but I could not activate any of them. I will most probably make a new install tonight and go back to alpha. After seeing the new mythtv, i am a little reluctant though to go back to the "old" one..it looked quite nifty so far....too bad.
-------------------------
I just saw this on trac :
http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/379
very interesting, I just wonder how this will affect the building of the bootimage for the MD, since there seems to be a problem with those packages, at least in the beta...don't know about the alpha
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:37:23 am by maverick0815 »

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 09:15:07 pm »
After a while I of fiddling around I got the core working again, but only with basic skin and static ui. I checked out the nvidia-drivers, but I could not activate any of them. I will most probably make a new install tonight and go back to alpha. After seeing the new mythtv, i am a little reluctant though to go back to the "old" one..it looked quite nifty so far....too bad.
-------------------------
I just saw this on trac :
http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/379
very interesting, I just wonder how this will affect the building of the bootimage for the MD, since there seems to be a problem with those packages, at least in the beta...don't know about the alpha

That ticket was closed yesterday evening at the request of phenigma, only reason given was "invalid" so sounds like there is not a problem with the mythtv repository.  Hopefully phenigma can shed some light on this matter

NOS.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 11:34:29 pm »
Well, I found this very interesting, because I thought the  new mythtv was more like an "accident", especially considering the trouble it causes with the generation of  the initial boot image for the Md in the beta.
Anyways, I'm in the middle of setting up with the alpha-script, hopefully this works better and lets me setup my MD  successfully again. By the way, does anybody know if the v4l package has been updated too? The repo I found and  described in the wiki (for the nova hd s2) seems pretty interesting and is supposed to get you s2-channels...if there is something  similar included already, shouldn't it be enough to just put the firmware in its proper place and reboot?

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 05:31:16 am »
Well, I found this very interesting, because I thought the  new mythtv was more like an "accident", especially considering the trouble it causes with the generation of  the initial boot image for the Md in the beta.
Anyways, I'm in the middle of setting up with the alpha-script, hopefully this works better and lets me setup my MD  successfully again. By the way, does anybody know if the v4l package has been updated too? The repo I found and  described in the wiki (for the nova hd s2) seems pretty interesting and is supposed to get you s2-channels...if there is something  similar included already, shouldn't it be enough to just put the firmware in its proper place and reboot?

I thought the new mythtv was an accident as well, it had caused me issues on my ION board which had been using the avenard 'testing' repo when neither my core nor my other md used the avenard repos at all.  I asked for the tickets to be closed after confirming that the switch is intentional.

When installing using the beta dvd the avenard 'testing' repo is active and myth is version 0.22.  For alpha 2.37 it looks like using a stock LMCE install or using the avenard 'release' repo should work just fine, this would give you myth 0.21.  Once the next alpha build is complete it looks like the alphas will need to use the 'testing' repo to stay compatibile with the mythtv protocol changes in svn.

J.

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 08:32:14 am »
am i correct in stating that the only fix is going back to alpha 2.37?

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 11:35:20 am »
thats what I did..anything else is probably not a good idea, since it will break a lot of things.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 02:08:10 pm »
Did anyone of you try the windows orbiter? In the latest alpha as well as in the beta-dvd, there are no media buttons...the only thing visible is telecom and security.

Thingie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 02:35:46 pm »
Did anyone of you try the windows orbiter? In the latest alpha as well as in the beta-dvd, there are no media buttons...the only thing visible is telecom and security.

For a moment I had a Core running (but failed to install MD). When the core was up and running I tried the orbitter and it looked just fine. Seems like problems are very different for individual users.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 04:49:42 pm »

No problems here, I didn't re-install the orbiter software on my windows machine, it was there from a previous installation.  I simply let the windows orbiter set itself up as a new orbiter in my new installation.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 05:08:37 pm »
hmm, thats interesting...I will try the mobile orbiter on my n810....the onscreen orbiters are also fine...only the ones on windows are behaving oddly.
On a positive side, the didn't produce an error message unlike with the alpha on windows7