Author Topic: strange 8.10 install issues  (Read 9933 times)

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: strange 8.10 install issues
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 05:24:07 am »
To keep an update on this- my core started the "orbiter already started" error tonight.  Added another NAS, and rebooted, no other changes...

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 11:18:49 am »
I can confirm this. I also have this issue now. Besides, unless I click the update-button in the network section, no client can connect to the internet.

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 08:50:43 pm »
Another update- I cant' seem to find a pattern, but maybe someone else can...  I added another MD- again got the failed to connected (even though the other MDs connect just fine), reran that script-

/usr/pluto/bin/startup-script.sh

And now the core has "fixed" itself- no more already started (although I'm not going to reboot to take the chance) and the new MD is going through the download part of the setup right now.  This is my 4th MD (if you include the one on the core)

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 03:58:19 pm »
Well THANKS posde! Things have been MUCH better for me since I tried your new installer flavor. Myth is working, system seems stable etc. I have been running this version since just after you posted it with no major errors.

The only minor glitch seems to be that sometimes after I hit the tv button on an xp orbiter, the orbiter will freeze for a few seconds, then crash. It usually restarts itself but not always. MythTV starts as it is supposed to though. I haven't heard my wife complain about it though so it may be an issue with windoze 7. That is what is on the laptop that my orbiter software runs on. She has Vista on her laptop.

When I get time I will reinstall the orbiter software and see if that fixes the problem. Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work, and thanks for your help!

Josh