Author Topic: New Hdd not mounted  (Read 2722 times)

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
New Hdd not mounted
« on: October 13, 2009, 05:16:54 pm »
Hi
I added a 1Tb Hd, formatted and then let lmce discover new HD and told it to use its own dir structure.
Then copied three or four hundred gigs of audio into newly created audio sub dir.
Left lmce at it overnight and next day all my audio was tagged and available via orbiters.

I'm running the latest alpha or at least keeping up to fairly recent releases - and probably after a reboot the new hd isn't auto-mounted. I can view the hd through Dolphin, but am asked for my password to mount it - maybe this is why lmce cannot mount it. I know the automounter is sensitive and likes no manual interference.
Initially all the audio was still listed on the orbiter but wouldn't play, now it is no longer listed.
If I go to Media browser via web admin the audio is in the database but is marked as not being on the disc.
The symlink exists for the mount onto new hd but it isn't being mounted.
Where do I start to look to get lmce mounting the hd automatically?

thanks
Coley.

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: New Hdd not mounted
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:47:34 pm »
try this:
login to your core
then
sudo /usr/pluto/bin/startup-script.sh

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 07:46:30 am »
I had the same problem on Friday when I installed, there was a bunch of people with similar issues over the weekend.  I would do an apt-get update and try it again.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 11:09:46 pm »
ok something got fixed, I did an apt-get update and dist-upgrade this morning before heading to work.
Came back this evening and now audio has re-appeared.

I'll let you know if it disappears again :D.

thx
Coley.