Author Topic: episode tag  (Read 3301 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
episode tag
« on: October 09, 2009, 05:36:12 pm »
Hello guys,

I've got a question about the episode tag...how am I supposed to use it? I'm tagging my TV-Shows as TV-Shows and they show up, but what will I put in the episode tag- the seaon and the episode number, or the title? I have no idead, really. I know that the plugin for recursively tagging the shows does not work, but I don't know yet how to sensibly handle those.

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: episode tag
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:48:03 pm »
what are you using to do the tagging? currently there is no field in the id3 tag that is used as the episode name so it cannot be tagged using an external tool.
if you are using the web admin, just put in the episode tag whatever you want to display.

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 10:27:55 am »
what are you using to do the tagging? currently there is no field in the id3 tag that is used as the episode name so it cannot be tagged using an external tool.
if you are using the web admin, just put in the episode tag whatever you want to display.

I would think he's setting the attribute in Web Admin->Media Browser

I'm not sure what that attribute should contain though...good question. Thom will no though...

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 01:01:22 pm »
Yup, I'm using the webadmin only. I'm looking for a way to organize my tv-shows properly. If select TV-shows in the orbiter, right now I have to scroll a lot to get to the episode of the show I want to see. Of course I could use the search function, but then I wouldn't need to tag them. I read in some other posts, that tagging the episodes with the episode tags, I could somehow make things easier, because the show would collapse and when I click on it, it would expand into the seasons with the episodes...at least that was as I understood it. So I don't know if this is still concept, or already in place. If the episode-tagging mode is not working yet with the recursively tagging plugin, then I wouldn't mind to manually tag all my episodes, but I'd like to know how to do it properly and if its making any difference.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 02:38:22 pm »
The episode tag is shown next to the title tag if it exists. I put the episode name there. Eventually, items with the same title will be collapsed to only show episode names.

-Thom

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 10:51:34 am »
Thanks Thom, I will try it. The only other problem I'm having with this is, that every episode I play seems to disappear from the list after I play it. I put all my videos in /home/public/data/video/(sda1)-CORE[30]/
There I have folder for movies and one for TV-Shows..and each TV-Show got its own Folder. Now if I open the orbiter and do a search in one of those folders, I can only find around the first 20 files, in some cases even less. I don't have any problem like this with the movies so far...only the TV-Shows behave this oddly. I also had this happening in 7.10 before.