I put the old series 1 code up on the site for Motion and Sphinx. We haven't touched them at all yet. Under series 2 DCE is quite a bit different, although the concepts are the same. Most of the old classes that had the name OC in front, are now in the DCE namespace without the OC. The old OCMessage is comparable to the new DCE::Message. The easiest way to get them to work is to 1) get the system setup on your local machine with the pluto admin web site, 2) go into pluto admin, device template, and create new devices for sphinx and motion, giving them the same data, commands, and events as the old one, then 3) run DCEGenerator to build a new Series 2 DCE Device, lastly 4) copy the command implementations from the old series 1 device into the new command stubs in the new series 2 device.
Motion worked fine for us in the old series 1 systems. It crashed every once in a while, however the framework with the startup scripts just relaunches it everytime. It never created a problem since all the DCE Devices are socket driven you can stop and restart them without hurting anything.
Sphinx was a huge challenge for us. We got it working and it recognized voice commands over a microphone (lights on, off, etc.). We also did an interface with Asterisk, so if you called in, the voice prompt would say "Who would you like to speak with?" And it would transfer the call to the person accordingly. The problem was the accuracy. BEST case, we were able to get around 80%. That made it interesting for techies, but useless for a consumer product where we would need to be close to 100% to keep from angering the consumer. We hired a voice-recognition company to come to our offices for several weeks and work with us on it. We got lots of different microphones, and they made a lot of tweaks--that's how it got to 80%. But, in the end, they said that Sphinx just wasn't advanced enough to get much better than that. They recommended the commercial product from Nuance--who does all the speech recognition for 411 information, the big airlines, etc. Nuance's product worked well, but they required $1 million up front, and a guaranteed commitment of $5 million. Since our volumes are pretty small, and the speech recognition is just 1 tiny part of the whole product, we ruled out that possibility.
The files are:
The support files is huge--it contains tons of sound files and other files sphinx used. The sphinx.tar.gz also includes the modifications we made to Asterisk to get it working over the phone system. Neither of these were released, and we haven't looked at them in almost 2 years.
Hope this helps.