Author Topic: VOIP provider rec's  (Read 2778 times)

brake16

• Veteran
    • View Profile
VOIP provider rec's
« on: October 09, 2009, 05:55:33 pm »
Good Morning

It looks like it's been a while since this question was asked, and I'm in the market, so I'm asking if there's any updates/experiences in the last year(ish):  Does anybody (US-based) have recomendation for/against Vonage, ITP, ViaTalk, and/or Broadvoice?  They all look pretty good to me, so I'm curious what anybody's experience is integrating any of these into lmce.

Thanks
Bryce
The Second Empirical Law of Lasers is to not look into the beam with your remaining good eye  - Anonymous

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: VOIP provider rec's
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:45:40 pm »
they need to offer a "bring your own device" sip trunking plan, which last i knew vonage at least does not have. I hear alot about broadvoice and callcentric, although i have no experience with any of them.

buckle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 12:24:02 am »
...which last i knew vonage at least does not have...

I believe you can get "bring your own device" for vonage by adding a softphone to your plan for an additional $10/month.  I'm not advocating for or against...just wanted to clarify that point. 

I use vonage at home, but not through LMCE.  I have plenty of complaints, but from what I can tell, they are all due to my internet connection and NOT vonage.

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 08:08:43 pm »
Broadvoice works for me.  No complaints here and integrates will with Lmce.
Randy