Author Topic: HDHomeRun DVB-T in 810?  (Read 6851 times)

lemming86_au

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Josh Hagger
HDHomeRun DVB-T in 810?
« on: October 05, 2009, 03:33:03 am »
Hello,

Does anyone have the HDHomeRun DVB-T working in 810?

If so, do you have instructions I could try?
If not, I'm willing to make a contribution to get it working. It's about the only decent DVB-T tuner us Aussies have to work with.

Regards,
Josh

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: HDHomeRun DVB-T in 810?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:09:35 am »
Josh,

Can't help you with the Homerun - but why do you think it's your only option? Are you constrained by your aerial wiring or something.

The KWorld 399U USB Twin Tuners are about $80-$100 and should work fine if you use Totallymaxed updated drivers.
It is certainly the option I would pursue if I wanted more tuners.

btw. I currently have two Leadtek DTV-1000T cards in my core that are pretty faultless and a $40 KWorld 395U Equivalent on my dev core which seemed to be fine with updated drivers. I am in a very good reception area though (can see all the sydney towers from my windows) so not sure what these are like in poor reception areas.

Regards
Darren

lemming86_au

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Josh Hagger
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:05:09 am »
I haven't had much luck with PCI cards & reception where I live.
Reception quality with the HDHomeRun is far better than anything else I have tried.
I'm looking at setting up several of these systems for friends, who are in a simillar position to me.

There other reason I like it is because I can use it with my core running as a virtual machine on my VMWare ESXi box  ;D

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:48:54 am »
Hello,

Does anyone have the HDHomeRun DVB-T working in 810?

If so, do you have instructions I could try?
If not, I'm willing to make a contribution to get it working. It's about the only decent DVB-T tuner us Aussies have to work with.

Regards,
Josh

Well it should be working under MythTV 0.21. So you could set it up manually inside Myth by using MythTvSetup to define a new 'Cature Card' etc as you would with any other Tuner.

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

wierdbeard65

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • My Quest
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:55:41 am »
There other reason I like it is because I can use it with my core running as a virtual machine on my VMWare ESXi box  ;D
Sorry to go off at a tangent, but any chance you could document virtualizing MCE on the wiki?

I'm interested in running a dev environment in a virtual world and have considered making my production core virtual as well. I have a beast of a server and am intending to set up virtual orbiters, MDs and a core. I may run my production server on the host OS (I reckon it can handle it!)

I'm intending to run under KVM (I want a Mac as part of my environment) but any general advice on virtualization would be great!
Paul
If you have the time to help, please see where I have got to at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Wierdbeard65

lemming86_au

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Josh Hagger
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 11:17:49 am »
Thanks Andrew, will give it a shot. One problem I seem to be encountering is the current HDHomeRun script installing the firmware for the non DVB-T version when you plug it in the first time.

Wierdbeard, I have only tried it with VMWare ESX, but all VMWare products should work ok.
I set it up exactly the same as on a standard machine, just make sure to install the VMWare tools first, or the install takes forever.
The only downside with using ESXi is you loose the ability to use PCI, USB & serial devices.

Regards,
Josh

gonesurfing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 08:30:53 am »
hi
hdhomerun is now working in 810 for aussie
steve

fastie81

• Veteran
  • SSDD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 06:07:43 pm »
Hi Guys

As Andrew said this works fine in 0.21. I had it working with no problem..
I have done a new install with the beta2 DVD witch comes with 0.22 and I have notice when I am trying to scan for channels it kills the backend.
I think this is relating to myth not being as stable, but still looking in to it..
So Josh the HDHomeRun DVB-T works fine with the current script. It would be up to you if you want to move back to 0.21 or wait till we see what is going on with 0.22
C

gonesurfing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 09:32:17 am »
hi
hdhomerun dvb -t is working in 810beta2 ,just do a manual install ,i have it setup on my core and playing live on two md in sydney

steve  merry xmass

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 04:31:01 pm »
There were some bugs that where found preventing the HDHR from getting properly detected and installed, this has been fixed and will be rolled out within the next few updates.

Mandingo
For a Current List of Plug and Play Capture Cards/Devices
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 11:15:44 pm »
There were some bugs that where found preventing the HDHR from getting properly detected and installed, this has been fixed and will be rolled out within the next few updates.

Mandingo

with the DVB or ATSC version? or doesn't it matter (the drivers are different, so I assumed you would have to distinguish and install the appropriate one)