Author Topic: Skype for Asterisk  (Read 6197 times)

williammanda

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Skype for Asterisk
« on: October 03, 2009, 03:45:05 pm »
Is there any plans for adding Skype for Asterisk?

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Skype for Asterisk
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 06:31:57 pm »
sure, you wanna tell us how?
skype really doesnt want that to work, so they take steps to make it difficult if not impossible.

williammanda

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 06:41:28 pm »
So SFA isn't better in handling Skype for pstn / calls over voip? What I have read it is.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 06:43:56 pm by williammanda »

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:52:24 pm »
I had not realized that this was an actual product. It looks like it is aimed at business class telephony systems though, and as such is pretty pricey compared to all the bring your own device sip trunking providers out there.

williammanda

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:38:49 pm »
Yes I agree the cost is a deturant at $66 per channel. I talked to someone that had it, basically you use this product to make use of the voip (Skypeout and in) but you can add the Skype friends to your softphone and communicate with them just as in the Skype gui.

gonesurfing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 11:57:11 pm »
hi
I am not sure if this will help,I use a skype phone that i had before i found lmce (dualphone model no rtx 3088.3 ) its plugged into my network and is showing up as a phone line on the freepbx admin page,i have not got around to setting up the asterisk side of lmce yet and i have no experience with asterix/freepbx  so it might be some time before i can test if it will work
steve

lemming86_au

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Josh Hagger
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 03:24:59 am »
I've used a Gizmo5 trunk  for Skype calls previously, seemed to work ok & was reasonably priced.
If you want to try it first, the free account allows you to make 1-3 minute Skype calls for testing.

Regards,
Josh