Author Topic: lmce games  (Read 2666 times)

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
lmce games
« on: September 30, 2009, 05:00:09 pm »
Has anyone gotten the nes or atari games working? I am only able to launch MAME games, and even then I am not able to control them. Is there documentation anywhere on how to control the games? I can use the directional buttons, but that is all I found. Can I use any sort of joystick or controller?

I put NES and ATARI ROMs in their folders, but they appear in the media list without any attributes. But the attributes do show up if I put them in the MAME folder. Are MAME games the only game working at the moment?

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: lmce games
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:37:55 pm »
As far as I know, only MAME games are supported at this time.  I believe Thom was working on other systems, no idea on current status.

Not sure if you are using 710 or 810 alpha, but in 710 I have to plug a usb joystick controller in before I start a game, then it seems to work fine.  I have both a wireless and a wired controller, no problems with either one.

tip:  once you get it going, go into key mapping in mame and map "insert coin" and "p1/p2/etc start" to controller buttons.  Both of my controllers have a select and a start button so I used those. 

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 05:42:20 pm »
Thanks. I have been reading forums all day, looking for answers. I'll go pick up a usb controller and check it out. Also saw the post about the xbox 360 controller and linux support. I may give that a try as well.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 09:09:38 pm »
right now, metadata is only parsed for MAME games. I have a simple TOSEC parser in place for appropriately named ROMs, but it doesn't deal with every known variation of TOSEC or the GoodSet, etc.

You can use any HID based joystick, and I have added specific support for the X-Arcade tankstick. I have also used the Stelladaptor for Atari 2600 controllers attached for Atari 2600 games.

-Thom

thezfunk

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 07:37:56 am »
I bought a couple actual NES controllers converted to USB.  Anyone know if they will work?