Author Topic: Updating nVidia Drivers  (Read 2553 times)

Dale_K

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Updating nVidia Drivers
« on: October 08, 2009, 06:47:21 pm »
I'm running 7.10 and I just put an nVidia Geforce 8600 in my Core/Hybrid.  I'm having problems getting VGA to display on my Aquous 65" LCD.  I can see the post and boot but then a black screen in the A/V Wizard.

I've seen references to updating nVidia drivers and I'll probably try that tonight.  Is this the wiki to do that or is there a newer one I can't seem to find? http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Display_Drivers

Obviously I'll be looking at the xorg.conf as well, just checking to see if there is a more streamlined method of updating the nvidia drivers.

Thanks

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Updating nVidia Drivers
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 11:05:18 pm »
yes

essentially, you need to boot into recovery console mode... that is the easiest to do the update, its a good idea to download it to your core somewhere convenient before the reboot. then run the update, the steps are fairly straight forward, but tell it not to reconfigure the xorg.conf file for you automatically... av wizard does this anyway. just make sure the xorg.conf/xorg.conf.pluto.avwizardr have nvidia not nv or vesa as the driver and the right PCI ID is set