Author Topic: Automatic Playlist generation  (Read 3327 times)

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Automatic Playlist generation
« on: September 12, 2009, 03:32:02 pm »
One thing that later versions of Windows MCE 2005 has that we don't is automatic playlist generation.  Windows will create a list of the most frequently accessed Audio files into a 'most listened to' playlist.  It does go a little further with Most listened to in the evenings and most listened to on weekends.  I know the media is accessed via a database and that the media know if it has been played or not.  So I think the foundations are there.

Is this possible?  What do people think of this?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Playlist generation
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 09:03:53 pm »
Yup, it is possible. You can either hook into the MH Play Media code, or you can trigger off the event "Media has started playing", create a new table in pluto_media for File_PlayCount, and Attribute_PlayCount, which you could use to join to file and attribute tables, so that you could use that information to create playlist entries on the file browser, to trigger those queries...

If you hook into the media handler, you can call MH Play Media with the contents of this virtual playlist... the user can then decide to edit and/or save this as a concrete playlist from the orbiter.

Yes, this is possible, somebody take on the challenge to do it.

-Thom

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Automatic Playlist generation
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 03:45:11 pm »
The table pluto_media.File contains a last_viewed column. Maybe that is helpful.