Author Topic: Double orbiter and other strange things - Try this  (Read 9577 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Double orbiter and other strange things - Try this
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 03:27:49 am »
These are all very insanely good hypotheses, and they are the same ones i came up with, unfortunately, I haven't been able to test them yet, due to the fact i've been in bed all day with my upper back giving me screams of agony.

Yes, this is the right track, and as soon as I can sit up for more than 5 mintues, i'll start trying some of these approaches :)

It is worth noting that this LMCE launch manager was ported from the original LMCE Launch Manager, which was a Qt4 app. Jondecker rewrote it, and it is possible some bits are still missing. I tried to fill in the remaining functionality as best i could, but maybe we're still missing some needed initialization.

Again, thank you so much for looking into this.

-Thom

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 04:33:08 am »
Sorry about your back man.  I recommend whiskey ... and a good Chiropractor.

The 0710 launch manager ran in X, is that the Qt4 app you're referring to that was ported to the current LMCE_Launch_Manager?  I'm learning...

J.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 04:37:07 am by phenigma »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 06:02:12 am »
correct, sorry I meant to say qt3. That LM was a bit of a mess.

-Thom

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 02:17:33 am »
I am having this problem pretty predictably upon a reboot. I don't know how to program but I would be happy to post any logs or anything else that may help to solve the issue. I don't think I am going to do a reinstall because I figure that the likelyhood of the issue coming back doesn't justify the extra work. Also if I am able to get one of the orbiters to display on the screen and I reload the router or regen the orbiters I can get it to work properly. I haven't tried to use a separate orbiter (laptop) to do the regen, but I will probably get to testing that soon. Let me know if there is anything I can contribute.

Josh