Author Topic: Dianemo from CHT - Professional Home Automation  (Read 359728 times)

uplink

• Administrator
  • Guru
  • Linux and LinuxMCE witchdoctor
    • View Profile
Re: Dianemo S from CHT - Ubuntu 12.04LTS Release Now Shipping World Wide!
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2012, 06:49:29 pm »
Did uplink_ not like qOrbiter?

-Thom

That's a tame response. Expected something more... fiery.

Well... I couldn't find the beginning of it :) Also, didn't have the time. On the other hand, the thing that Andy filmed will probably never control LinuxMCE or LinuxMCE-based Dianemo, so don't view it as "competition" (yet). It's following different patterns of thought that are not easily adapted to current Orbiter logic. I would have showed you a media browser sample too, but I broke it yesterday while working on some grid stuff.

Consider this part of the "rewrite" that people keep moaning about but don't leave their cozy couch to actually do it or learn how to do it (kudos to golgoj4 for actually doing it in the form of qOrbiter).

On the other hand, I'm just finding out that GUI programming isn't easy if you're not doing run of the mill business logic :) I wrote a Message Router in a day (it's pretty useless right now: only forwards messages around, without any cleverness, and nothing to actually send and receive messages yet, except some crude test code), but the GUI requires me to pause and think a lot. So far, what Andy filmed has 638 lines of Python code, 251 lines of YAML for the screen definitions, and 147 lines of YAML for the mock data, and I can feel that I slipped in some places, so I need to go back and do it properly (i.e. in a way that doesn't hurt my own brain). I don't have proper data bindings yet, nor message communication. The file itself is aptly named Mockup.py :)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 10, 2012, 06:52:49 pm »
I do understand the need to create something better under 9 to 5 business constraints (I know you work longer than that some days, I'm just trying to make my point). I'm just pointing out that it may be beneficial in the long term to work on qOrbiter together, as it does have the needed infrastructure already there, all that is missing for this first pass is a fully completed QML for the UI.

-Thom

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Dianemo S - Support for Sony IP controllable BluRay Players & TV's added
« Reply #302 on: September 11, 2012, 03:28:39 am »
Hi there. I can answer this one. First, I apologize for not including the Sony IP remote package in the repositories :-[ I added them now. Please do a software update and then reload the router so the device starts.

Then, to register with the BluRay as a remote, put the BluRay in registration mode, then, in the devices tree of the admin website, select the BluRay player device you added, on its page click the "Send Command" link at the top, and then send the "Register" command. The BluRay player should then confirm the registration and everything else should work.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately that didn't work.  I did everything step by step, I tried removing and re-adding the device, I tried entering the IP and Mac address, but it wont work.  My player isn't finding a media remote after I start registration.  Here is the Logs.

Code: [Select]
========== NEW LOG SECTION ==========
1 09/10/12 21:27:20 69 (spawning-device) Starting... 1
1 09/10/12 21:27:20 69 (spawning-device) Found /usr/pluto/bin/Sony_IP_Remote
2012-09-10 21:27:21.317250561-04:00 Init
2012-09-10 21:27:21.839816520-04:00 ConnectDevice: Connecting device. Connection type: none
2012-09-10 21:27:21.854497965-04:00 ConnectDevice: No device to connect to
2012-09-10 21:27:21.962911905-04:00 Main Loop
2012-09-10 21:27:53.541227426-04:00 Data available: 11
2012-09-10 21:27:53.547988982-04:00 Processing fd 11
2012-09-10 21:27:53.555505027-04:00 fd 11: command: Framework_ReadFromDCE
2012-09-10 21:27:53.563161273-04:00 Framework_ReadFromDCE
2012-09-10 21:27:53.579123132-04:00 Calling function for DCE command 983 with parms
2012-09-10 21:27:53.596521127-04:00 Sending DCE command: reply txt OK
2012-09-10 21:27:53.619649667-04:00 Sending out delayed DCE messages
2012-09-10 21:28:31.089626002-04:00 Data available: 11
2012-09-10 21:28:31.092564595-04:00 Processing fd 11
2012-09-10 21:28:31.095301146-04:00 fd 11: command: Framework_ReadFromDCE
2012-09-10 21:28:31.098180938-04:00 Framework_ReadFromDCE
2012-09-10 21:28:31.104528129-04:00 Calling function for DCE command 983 with parms
2012-09-10 21:28:31.115030927-04:00 Sending out delayed DCE messages

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #303 on: September 11, 2012, 12:45:00 pm »
Did uplink_ not like qOrbiter?

-Thom

We have tested qOrbiter - or at least we have tried to test it. But there are very many dead ends and not much that seems very complete. Also Golgol04 didn't seem to have much time to support us currently.

So we decided that we needed to do something ourselves and that little video is a glimpse at work in progress that Uplink has underway right now based on clutter.

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 11, 2012, 02:00:27 pm »
Would LMCE be used to build the movie database and then use XBMC to pull the information via UPnP or the other way around?

has anyone been able to interface with sur guard receivers yet for third party monitoring.

Hi,

This thread is about Dianemo S so that question would be best posted to another section of the forum.... but in principle you could definitely do what your suggesting in LinuxMCE (we have that capability in Dianemo for users to use if they choose).

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
Dianemo S - Support for PLCBUS package added
« Reply #305 on: September 11, 2012, 02:06:32 pm »
Hi all,

We have added support for the current PLCBUS package from LinuxMCE (written by Hari) today. Run the Updater script as described in the Dianemo S wiki page, add a device #1920 to add a PLCbus template to your system, configure it to talk to your USB/RS232 PLCBUS interface... then save the change and do a reload and your all set.

As we dont have access to PLCBUS devices here in the UK we would welcome any feedback from you on your experience with the new PLCBUS package.
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
Dianemo S - Pre-Production SystemLine Modular Audio Control Interface
« Reply #306 on: September 11, 2012, 04:54:18 pm »
Here's a quick pre-view of our new Dianemo SystemLine Modular Control interface or the DSC. SystemLine Modular uses dedicated CAT5 cabling to distribute power,audio & control via an AM8 audio Hub ( http://www.armourhome.co.uk/downloads/systemline/technical/am8_instructions.pdf ) and multiple stereo zones with SLM3 powered speakers or ZAM 40's and passive speakers. We are doing field tests currently with pre-production DSC hardware (we are using breadboards for example in our current hardware interface design before freezing the hardware for production and going to production pcb's). The tests have been going really well with the hardware outperforming our expectations.

The DSC interfaces to the Keypad input of a SystemLine Modular SLM3 Active speaker or ZAM 40 over CAT5E cable. A SystemLine AM-8 Multi-source audio hub is used centrally to route and switch up to 6x Audio inputs and 8x audio outputs which the DSC controls. Production DSC's will have multiple RJ45 control ports (one per Main Zone providing control of the sub zone too). Our current pre-production DSC's are configured with 6 or 12 control ports and are very low power IP addressable devices allowing them to be integrated anywhere on the LAN. Production DSC's will likely have a different number of control ports than our preproduction units.

At the heart of every DSC is an Arduino board that provides the control logic and IP connectivity. The DSC runs firmware we have developed in-house that controls and manages the interaction with SystemLine Modular.

The DSC has been designed with Dianemo in mind and can be integrated easily by adding a DSC device template to a Dianemo system. Unlimited numbers of DSC's can co-exist on the LAN therefore providing unlimited expansion capability for controlling SystemLine modular. A software library for supporting DSC's on other non Dianemo platforms is being developed.

Production units can be ordered now - please contact us for further details.

All the best

Andrew
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:19:07 pm by totallymaxed »
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

uplink

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2012, 01:44:23 am »
Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately that didn't work.  I did everything step by step, I tried removing and re-adding the device, I tried entering the IP and Mac address, but it wont work.  My player isn't finding a media remote after I start registration.  Here is the Logs.

Weird. Unfortunately, that log is just the Whisperer, as I didn't add any logs to the communication itself, so it doesn't help. Can I get access to your machine and have a look at what's going on?

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2012, 03:20:54 am »
Weird. Unfortunately, that log is just the Whisperer, as I didn't add any logs to the communication itself, so it doesn't help. Can I get access to your machine and have a look at what's going on?

Sure, I just turned on remote assistance.  Thanks uplink!

uplink

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2012, 06:33:12 pm »
Sure, I just turned on remote assistance.  Thanks uplink!

It's the "Sony BluRay LivingRoom" (device 69), right? Its IP Address and MAC Address fields are empty. I found a device that says it's a Sony Blu-ray player, IP 80.159, but I had to scan its ports to find out what it is (ports open: 22222, 54400). Problem is the script expects ports 50001 and 50002. Also, I did a UPnP scan and the Blu-ray drive didn't show itself. This is not OK, because our Sony devices use UPnP as the transport protocol for control. I tried poking it with various sticks, but no luck. What model is it? Do you have a device that can run the Sony Media Remote app (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android phone, that kind of stuff) to confirm that it can actually talk to your player? This app used UPnP to talk to Sony devices as well...

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2012, 07:09:05 pm »
It's the "Sony BluRay LivingRoom" (device 69), right? Its IP Address and MAC Address fields are empty. I found a device that says it's a Sony Blu-ray player, IP 80.159, but I had to scan its ports to find out what it is (ports open: 22222, 54400). Problem is the script expects ports 50001 and 50002. Also, I did a UPnP scan and the Blu-ray drive didn't show itself. This is not OK, because our Sony devices use UPnP as the transport protocol for control. I tried poking it with various sticks, but no luck. What model is it? Do you have a device that can run the Sony Media Remote app (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android phone, that kind of stuff) to confirm that it can actually talk to your player? This app used UPnP to talk to Sony devices as well...

Yup, that's the one Sony BluRay LivingRoom (I know, I should name it better than that). 

I tried it with the IP and mac fields populated at first but after I couldn't get it working it hit me that the Sony android app never asked for the IP address of the player,  I assumed that meant the app was broadcasting a message (UDP) and waiting for a response (or vice versa) to trigger the registration process. so I removed the IP and mac data in hopes that Dianemo was doing the same thing.

It's probably not responding to UPnP because it's not in registration mode or because it's off.  I'm using the android media remote and I've noticed that all functions work but I can not turn the unit on VIA the Sony media remote.  There were no problems registering the Sony media remote.  It could be a setting on the unit or the app but I haven't seen any thing that looks like it would enable or disable that.

The model number is BDP-S390/BM U2.

This isn't a high end unit, maybe that's the problem?

uplink

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2012, 08:04:10 pm »
Yup, that's the one Sony BluRay LivingRoom (I know, I should name it better than that). 

I tried it with the IP and mac fields populated at first but after I couldn't get it working it hit me that the Sony android app never asked for the IP address of the player,  I assumed that meant the app was broadcasting a message (UDP) and waiting for a response (or vice versa) to trigger the registration process. so I removed the IP and mac data in hopes that Dianemo was doing the same thing.

It's probably not responding to UPnP because it's not in registration mode or because it's off.  I'm using the android media remote and I've noticed that all functions work but I can not turn the unit on VIA the Sony media remote.  There were no problems registering the Sony media remote.  It could be a setting on the unit or the app but I haven't seen any thing that looks like it would enable or disable that.

The model number is BDP-S390/BM U2.

This isn't a high end unit, maybe that's the problem?

I think ours (which mysteriously disappeared and got replaced with a Samsung unit that I haven't written code for yet) was a off the shelf unit from Tesco or something, so nothing special about it. The discovery protocol is UPnP on that unit, and on everything that the app can control, so I'm intrigued that it doesn't reply to my UPnP searches.

Just to check the theory that it might not show up unless you put it in registration mode - our unit was always showing - there's a script I put on your system (in the root account) that does a UPnP search and shows the devices found, then sits there monitoring the UPnP trafic. You can run it like so: python UPnP_test.py and you can close it with Control+C. Please run that after you put your player in registration mode and see if it shows up. You can run it before you do that too, so you can see what the output looks like and have something to compare with.

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2012, 08:10:23 pm »
I think ours (which mysteriously disappeared and got replaced with a Samsung unit that I haven't written code for yet) was a off the shelf unit from Tesco or something, so nothing special about it. The discovery protocol is UPnP on that unit, and on everything that the app can control, so I'm intrigued that it doesn't reply to my UPnP searches.

Just to check the theory that it might not show up unless you put it in registration mode - our unit was always showing - there's a script I put on your system (in the root account) that does a UPnP search and shows the devices found, then sits there monitoring the UPnP trafic. You can run it like so: python UPnP_test.py and you can close it with Control+C. Please run that after you put your player in registration mode and see if it shows up. You can run it before you do that too, so you can see what the output looks like and have something to compare with.

Okay, I can see the script.  I'll run it when I get home from work.

Thanks again!!

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2012, 04:57:02 am »

Okay, I ran the script and the bluray player didn't show up until I turned it on.  It spit out extra information when I went to the registration part of the menu but it was completely gone once powered off.  If it helps the output is below.
Device: rootdevice u'Blu-ray Disc Player' 'uuid:00000003-0000-1010-8000-5453edda5100' 'upnp:rootdevice' '192.168.80.159', manifestation 'remote'
Device: rootdevice u'Blu-ray Disc Player' 'uuid:00000000-0000-1010-8000-5453edda5100' 'upnp:rootdevice' '192.168.80.159', manifestation 'remote'
uuid:00000003-0000-1010-8000-5453edda5100::upnp:rootdevice
Device: rootdevice u'Blu-ray Disc Player' 'uuid:00000003-0000-1010-8000-5453edda5100' 'upnp:rootdevice' '192.168.80.159', manifestation 'remote'

I got the first two lines just after turning it on, and the second two by going to the registration menu (not the actual registration process, just selecting the menu).

I did a port scan with the player on and I see ports 50001 and 50002 open not 22222 and 54400.
Nmap scan report for 192.168.80.159
Host is up (0.00049s latency).
Not shown: 998 closed ports
PORT      STATE SERVICE
50001/tcp open  unknown
50002/tcp open  iiimsf
MAC Address: 54:53:ED:DA:51:00 (Unknown)

Maybe the codes are different for the unit you programmed with vs my unit.  Maybe it's a UK/US thing... I don't know just throwing it out there.  I checked the manuals and online for codes but came up dry.  I don't mind contacting tech support but can you tell me what exactly i'll be asking for?  I'm assuming the initial registration communications is different than control commands.  If there is another way let me know.  I don't mind being a test dummy if it turns out you need two or more device template to cover all the Sony's.

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2012, 07:27:14 pm »
Okay, I ran the script and the bluray player didn't show up until I turned it on.  It spit out extra information when I went to the registration part of the menu but it was completely gone once powered off.  If it helps the output is below.
Device: rootdevice u'Blu-ray Disc Player' 'uuid:00000000-0000-1010-8000-5453edda5100' 'upnp:rootdevice' '192.168.80.159', manifestation 'remote'
uuid:00000003-0000-1010-8000-5453edda5100::upnp:rootdevice

I got the first two lines just after turning it on, and the second two by going to the registration menu (not the actual registration process, just selecting the menu).

I did a port scan with the player on and I see ports 50001 and 50002 open not 22222 and 54400.
Nmap scan report for 192.168.80.159
Host is up (0.00049s latency).
Not shown: 998 closed ports
PORT      STATE SERVICE
50001/tcp open  unknown
50002/tcp open  iiimsf
MAC Address: 54:53:ED:DA:51:00 (Unknown)

Maybe the codes are different for the unit you programmed with vs my unit.  Maybe it's a UK/US thing... I don't know just throwing it out there.  I checked the manuals and online for codes but came up dry.  I don't mind contacting tech support but can you tell me what exactly i'll be asking for?  I'm assuming the initial registration communications is different than control commands.  If there is another way let me know.  I don't mind being a test dummy if it turns out you need two or more device template to cover all the Sony's.

Okay, I have 2 problems.  I just got off the phone with Sony and It turns out that the player disconnects from the network when it is powered off.   From what they're saying there is no way to power it on using an IP signal (IR or power button only).  I'm sure it's a software thing and a firmware hack changing a 0 to a 1 would fix that but I wouldn't even know where to start. 

Second problem, and I didn't get a 100% answer on this one, but the rep was fairly certain that the IP/IR codes are different for the US version and other territories.  He warns that he is not overly familiar with the non US, or to be specific the UK models.  I only see one version of the media remote so I want to doubt that theory but since the NC can see the blue-ray (when it's on) and the expected ports are open I can't think of any other reason why this isn't working.