General > Marketplace

Dianemo from CHT - Professional Home Automation

<< < (2/95) > >>

wierdbeard65:
Ok, you've pretty much sold me :D

I checked your site and, if this new offering is on there, it's pretty well hiddedn ;) Do you have a URL for pricelists and various specs?

Also, one (final) question. I am not intending to route the HDMI around the house in the way I know you often advise, but rather use the network (i.e. capture with the PVR and then use Myth/VDR to stream etc.) This is partially because I want to use "pause Live tv" and "record from when I started watching" and partially because I want to reduce my family's reliance on live TV at all. (A lot of what they watch, and which causes arguments, is the stuff that is endlessly repeated on the kids channels. For example, my youngest is a huge fan of Ben10. I'm hoping to get the system to automatically record all the episodes as / when they air and then he can go away and watch them without tying up the reciever when someone else want to watch something.) Can cacade currently be set up like this?

Cheers!

totallymaxed:

--- Quote from: wierdbeard65 on September 17, 2009, 02:55:25 pm ---Ok, you've pretty much sold me :D

I checked your site and, if this new offering is on there, it's pretty well hiddedn ;) Do you have a URL for pricelists and various specs?

--- End quote ---
The systems shown on our Web site are our professionally installed Dianemo CI range. Cascade is our new affordable product line and my post here is the first public announcement of it...apart from some press briefings and such like. I will post an open price list here in the next day or so but our base base 'under-tv' NC120 has twin DVB-T tuners and a single capture port, 1TB of Storage, 2 gig of RAM and an E7400 Processor this NerveCentre is available for £850 + VAT (**original price was a typo). We also have some 'discontinued' hardware that might be suitable dependant on your needs - these are again 'Under-TV' but use an older Intel 915 based motherboard and are priced from £485 for a similar Spec.

--- Quote ---
Also, one (final) question. I am not intending to route the HDMI around the house in the way I know you often advise, but rather use the network (i.e. capture with the PVR and then use Myth/VDR to stream etc.) This is partially because I want to use "pause Live tv" and "record from when I started watching" and partially because I want to reduce my family's reliance on live TV at all. (A lot of what they watch, and which causes arguments, is the stuff that is endlessly repeated on the kids channels. For example, my youngest is a huge fan of Ben10. I'm hoping to get the system to automatically record all the episodes as / when they air and then he can go away and watch them without tying up the reciever when someone else want to watch something.) Can Cascade currently be set up like this?

--- End quote ---

Our standard 'non-streaming' Sky integration package can indeed use HDMI-CAT5 technology to distribute the Sky video output around your home. However it can also use RF and an RF distribution Amplifier if the lower quality is acceptable. If you want to 'stream' your Sky box then our forthcoming TV upgrade does exactly that and integrates all of the Sky control capabilities of the 'non streaming' version to. This is in the final stages of testing now and I expect this to go out as an update very shortly - you would receive this update automatically of course. This version is based on MythTV 0.21 and supports the VDPAU hardware acceleration capability in nVidia based supported Media Managers (see my first post in this thread for a list of the supported MM hardware) and includes all of the recording and scheduling features that MythTV supports including automatically recording all of the shows in a series etc.

All the best

Andrew

wierdbeard65:
Thanks again, Andrew!

I guess I'll have to wait for the forthcoming upgrade and the official price list! I definately want my TV over my IP network - less cabling!

totallymaxed:

--- Quote from: wierdbeard65 on September 17, 2009, 08:30:26 pm ---Thanks again, Andrew!

I guess I'll have to wait for the forthcoming upgrade and the official price list! I definately want my TV over my IP network - less cabling!

--- End quote ---

Well I would suggest sending me a PM describing your exact requirements (or post them here if your happy to do so) and I will get back to you with a suitable NerveCentre spec/price. From what you have said so far I would expect the two NC's mentioned in my last post here to be suitable .

The TV Update will be pushed out automatically to all customers and I would expect this to be in the next 10 days or so anyway.

Kindest regards

Andrew

totallymaxed:
Just to let anyone monitoring this thread know that I have added some additional info to my first post at the top of this thread (I added it there as it seemed easier for if all this info was in a single place and not spread out over the length of the thread) regarding Media Manager support in Cascade, some further explanation that you can build your own Media Manager's and dont have too buy them from CHT... and also there is now a URL to the Cascade Web site...which now has some PDF data sheets and will have pricing details too soon.

Thanks so much for all you PM's and emails too!...you have certainly kept me busy ;-) However I would really encourage you to post here in this thread if at all possible unless you have something confidential to discuss as then everyone can benefit, can read your questions and my responses and any other discussions we get into.

All the best

Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version