Author Topic: Dianemo Relationship with Andrew Herron (totallymaxed)  (Read 10348 times)

ConvergentHome

• First post!
    • View Profile
Dianemo Relationship with Andrew Herron (totallymaxed)
« on: October 15, 2015, 06:28:37 pm »
To all forum users and potential and existing Dianemo Licensed users.

I am one of the directors of Convergent Home Technologies, the owners of Dianemo. Regrettably I am forced to post this message on the forum to clarify the relationship with our company and Andrew Herron. It has been bought to our attention that Andrew has been selling Dianemo licenses and services to forum users without our consent. We have been contacted by a forum user who has complained that he has taken money for a license and development and not provided the work, this has been the second such contact we have had. On looking on the forum we have discovered that Andrew has been offering services for some time without our approval.

Andrew had been contracted to our company for many years and was our representative on the forum, he is also a small shareholder in the company, however, our contractual relationship ended in December 2013. Andrew offered to continue supporting existing users on the forum and one or two licensed resellers as these had configurations he was familiar with. Unfortunately, he has used this to keep access to our servers and obtain licenses to sell without consent. As you can see from recent posts, he has stopped responding to all contact from users on the forum.

His access to our servers has been revoked and we now are in the process of determining how many unauthorised licenses have been issued so that we do not terminate them without the user being aware. We intend to honour all licenses issued by Andrew but need the holders to contact us.

Please private message me if you believe you have a Dianemo license that may be unauthorised.

Regards,

Steve Ashby
Director
Convergent Home Technologies Ltd

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Dianemo Relationship with Andrew Herron (totallymaxed)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:01:47 pm »
Thank you for making us aware of this.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 10:49:15 am »
Hi,

I've bought licence few years ago - is it ok?
As a Dianemo user I'm a bit concerned whether the development and fixing up current releases is going on beyond Andrew. I cannot get into relationship between Dianemo and Andrew, but on this forum we got a lot of actual informations about Dianemo and a lot of help from Andrew.

Are there any plans what will happen now - after Andrew ? Is there anyone continuing his work ? SW that is complex as LMCE (Dianemo) needs constant development and maintenance - so we well be really glad to hear about Dianemo ongoing activities and informations about announced products - as Dianemo on Raspberry 2 etc... (I was about to purchase a licence)...

I'm also willing to help - as a long time LMCE and Dianemo user - just let us know what you need and what you plan to do...

Best regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

DragonK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 11:47:52 am »
Hi Bulek,

I asked the same question and Steve's reply was
We will maintain a low key presence on the forum for now as we just don’t have the resources to commit the time Andrew did, which was largely outside of our working hours. For support in the future, you should email info@dianemo.co.uk and we will still help. This will not be a paid service but will be like on the forum, advice and configuration guidance. If anything further is required then we will agree any costs prior to the work.

Regarding reselling. If you are a competent installer and are confident in most aspects of building and configuring a system we can sell you packs of licenses which you can resell with your own hardware. First line support will be you/your company and we will only provide second/third (developer) support if needed.

I was one of the unfortunate users that purchased an "unauthorised" Dianemo license, however Steve was very understanding and has honoured my license  ;)

Karel

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 08:55:16 am »
Hi,

thanks for info... Anyone has any information regarding Raspberry Pi2 Dianemo system ? Any users out there ?

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 12:09:38 pm »
bulek,

what is the rpi2 system suppose to do? The LinuxMCE Raspberry PI system provides a full blown media director (probably sans Game Player ;) ) - I've installed a couple of rpi1s at one of our sponsors sites and they work beautiful.

phenigma probably knows best what's needed in terms of configuration specialities he had to configure inside of LinuxMCE to make them work as good as they do.

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 04:59:02 pm »
bulek,

what is the rpi2 system suppose to do? The LinuxMCE Raspberry PI system provides a full blown media director (probably sans Game Player ;) ) - I've installed a couple of rpi1s at one of our sponsors sites and they work beautiful.

phenigma probably knows best what's needed in terms of configuration specialities he had to configure inside of LinuxMCE to make them work as good as they do.

Hi,

if I remember right, it was supposed to be a "light" Nerve Centre... So also main server, not just Media Director...

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Regards,
Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 10:00:22 am »
bulek,

phenigma made relevant changes to make LinuxMCE core run on ARM as well.

DragonK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 03:54:49 pm »
Afternoon Guys,

So I asked Dianemo regarding RPi, if they can be used as MD's, their answer
No they can’t. We actually do not now actively sell MD’s, now preferring customers to use Smart TV’s and our UPnP implementation. However, MD’s are still supported under x86 Nerve Centres for legacy systems but there are no ARM MD images and will not be in the future either.

HDMI-cec control
We have a RPi build for CEC on/off but not volume up/down (although we can do this with UPnP), we have no channel up/down support as this varies too much between TV models.

Thus it seems only use for RPi on Dianemo is HDMI-cec control.
And I recently purchased 2 RPi 2.

Regards
Karel
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 04:13:50 pm by DragonK »