Author Topic: Can't get live TV since upgrade (solved)  (Read 3454 times)

mhorst

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Can't get live TV since upgrade (solved)
« on: September 13, 2009, 12:09:43 am »
Hello,

I'm new to LinuxMCE. I decided to try it out at the start of september, and so far I'm impressed.
Since the upgrade from 4 september though, I could no longer watch live TV.
I was planning on asking for help, but as I was writing this post and collecting and organizing the info I had so far, I thought of a few things I could still try and I managed to fix it by myself.
So, this post is just in case somebody else may have the same problems.

My setup: I have a core with a PVR-500 capture card in a storage closet, and a Zotac Ion board as a media director in my living room.
The problem I had: When I went to Media-TV the mythtv frontend is started, but it stays black for a while. Eventually linuxMCE gaves me the message that "MythTV is having problems. Reset the backend?", but neither Yes nor No seemed to solve anything. Also, playing the recorded programs from the Media Library - Watch Recordings menu in MythTV did not function, if I selected one the screen briefly turns black and I return to the selection menu.

The solution is used was this: on the media director I started the mythtvfrontend (said no to the question of whether to reset the backend) and went to:
"Utilities / Setup" - "Setup" - "TV Settings" - "Playback"  and enabled "Always stream recordings from the backend".
I stopped the front end and start it again, and everything worked again.

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get live TV since upgrade (solved)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 01:06:53 am »
It looks as if you have stumbled upon a fix for a problem we have been working on for awhile, thanks!
This well get rolled into the next release.

mhorst

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 01:31:49 pm »
You're welcome :)

Rukus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 12:25:17 am »
Thanks for the discovery mhorst.

This appears to still be a problem. I just set up my MD and could not get Myth to work.  I followed the steps provided by mhorst, and I'm up and running.

Thanks,

Ernesto
Core/Generic Hybrid MD
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core
GPU: GPU: XFX PVT84GUDF3 GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3