Author Topic: Missing Autogenerated Scenarios  (Read 4181 times)

Bumaster108

• View Profile
Missing Autogenerated Scenarios
« on: September 12, 2009, 05:53:15 pm »
I did a fresh install of 0810 last night, and I am missing the autogenerated scenarios for media and lighting.  Telecom and security scenarios both showed up.  Are these missing from the current alpha, or did something go wrong with my installation?  Is there a way to create these manually?

Thanks.

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Autogenerated Scenarios
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 06:23:39 pm »
http://dcerouter
login
left hand side of the screen there are sections called Lighting Scenarios and Media Scenarios where you can manually add items.

Bumaster108

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:30:17 pm »
I saw that, but was unsure how to add the default scenarios.  Normally, I'd expect to see some checkboxes for the autogenerated scenarios, but they don't exist.  I've tried adding my own, but can't seem to figure out a way to make it go to the media list.

Maybe my problem has to do with the available devices listed under add media scenario.  Right now I'm only seeing Xine Player and Myth TV Player for devices.  Should there be more listed here?

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 12:52:15 am »
Make sure all your devices are assigned to the proper rooms.  Lighting will only appear if the orbiter is in a room with controllable lights or in the bedrooms.  Media will only appear in a room with a media director.  Security and Telecom will appear in all rooms regardless of what devices are in them.

Look in the web admin under Wizard-->Devices under each device type.  Make sure things are in the right rooms.  Look under Wizard-->Rooms and make sure the rooms are set to the right types.  Reload the router and regen the orbiters.

Bumaster108

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 02:00:49 am »
Thanks for the suggestion jimbodude.  Everything looks like it was setup for the correct rooms.  I had some extra rooms that weren't assigned MDs yet, so to troubleshoot I deleted all rooms except for the Core/hybrid room.  I double checked the MD and Orbiter, and they were both assigned to the correct room.  After a reload and regen, I'm still only getting floorplan under Media.  I don't have a lighting system, so we can ignore that for now.  For some reason I thought the auto generated scenarios would still show up for lighting.

Any other thoughts / suggestions?

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 02:11:23 am »
No other ideas... the reason they're called autogenerated is because it happens automatically...  :P

The only thing I can think of is room configuration... Look into it deeper to make sure - check the room assignment of every device.  Re-run setup wizard with only one room.

holbor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 07:59:12 am »
Same issue new 8.10.  I've rerun the wizard numerous times, deleted rooms, changed the room this MD is in, changed tv's, and no media scenarios.  Is there a script to create these that I can try.

/rh

holbor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 09:29:04 pm »
I redid my 8.10 install this AM, and on the last install I had some issues with the OpenGL, and had gone back and forth on the screen wizard a few times.  This time I let the setup run to completion with the lowest resolution, then changed it later.  This time, the media scenarios were there.

/rh

d0t

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 05:32:38 am »
I had mixed success fixing this problem on 8.10b2 (dvd install) orbiters by:

-creating new rooms
-moving the problematic orbiter to the new room
-placing it on the floorplan
-restarting the core

This recreated the media scenarios, but it's certainly not a good nor reliable solution.

Just wanted to share my experience dealing with this issue...