Author Topic: [KNX]Script to Convert the .csv ETS3 exported file in a LMCE ReadyToUse file  (Read 5756 times)

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi, we created this Python Script to convert the *.csv file you can easly export  with ETS3 with all your KnxDevice with relative Group Adresses, in the "KnxDeviceName"/"X"/"X"/"X" format for LinuxMCE.

You can donwload it here, the name is etstolmce.py

http://www.linuxmce-it.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=34&Itemid=59

Br,
Martino.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
massabuntu,

how about opening up a trac ticket with a feature_patch type, and adding the file to it. That way we keep it at a central location.

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
OK Posde,my intention was not to keep it separatly, simply i don't know yet the procedure of adding things. And first i'd liked to see if anyone was interested.

http://trac.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/332
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 12:59:20 pm by massabuntu »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Thanks for the ticket.

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Now colud be cool that the conversion should be done directly by the Admin Page, where u could upload directly the csv file.

We can simply run that script from php page and grab the output file  or we can write the script directly in php.

What do u thing? 

rages

• Guru
    • View Profile
Hi,

I created a script similar to C ++, unfortunately I am not an experienced programmer (this is my first job in C ++) and certainly could have done better, but if you can help is available.

I think that as Martin says this should be done automatically in the webadmin, especially when you consider how many group address there are in a complete installation.

Emanuele

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Now colud be cool that the conversion should be done directly by the Admin Page, where u could upload directly the csv file.

We can simply run that script from php page and grab the output file  or we can write the script directly in php.

What do u thing? 

I think the idea is a nice one, and you might want to ping merkur2k on IRC about it, as he is quite into the web admin.