Alright, well I was finally able to get an 810 CD install to work. Every CD that I burned even at my slowest speed possible (10x) would have the same issue. I was getting the following error:
Buffer I/O error on device sr0, logical block (can't remember block number)
So I checked the CD for errors on my Windows XP laptop. Which was still getting the error, but continued anyway, eventually the test finished and the CD was fine. So I went and tried it on my already installed 810 HTPC. No matter what route I took, I always got that error, which would dump me to the initramfs. I also tried passing the all_generic_ide parameter to the installer, as I have read this fixes the issue. Needless to say, this did not fix the issue.
How I resolved the issue:
From the main installation menu I selected "Install Kubuntu" and once the Kubuntu loading screen appeared, I hit Ctrl+Alt+F1. This dumped me to the console and I was able to see what was going on. In this mode the error happened a number of times, but continued on to load KDE. After KDE was loaded I was able to successfully install Kubuntu, and eventually was able to install LinuxMCE.
I had a hunch that the way I had installed 810 may have been the cause of the problem and I guess that it was. Thanks for all of the support, everything seems to be working well so far...