Author Topic: 8.10 - Bluetooth - Java MO  (Read 5884 times)

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
8.10 - Bluetooth - Java MO
« on: September 04, 2009, 03:42:56 pm »
Does anyone have bluetooth and Java Mo working in 8.10. I'm trying to update the code for the new Nokia phones with touchscreen. My bluetooth dongle noticed the phone during setup but when I run the JavaMo it doesn't connect. It did just fine in 7.10. Am I missing a step? Is there something manual I have to do in 8.10?

Kooma

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 8.10 - Bluetooth - Java MO
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 05:11:26 pm »
Sorry for your problem, yet glad to hear I'm not the only one..
Do you get any kind of connection between the phone and the LMCE? I do not (so far), yet the in the KDE I do. Just don't know how to proceed.

I even tried the weborbiter, which is quite allright.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 05:22:34 pm »
I do not get any kind of connection in LinuxMCE in 8.10. I used to get screens etc in 7.10 I just had no touchscreen. I am able to connect to bluetooth thru KDE.

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 09:50:17 pm »
I have.
I connected a Nokia6233 and a Nokia5800 Xpress Music.

So i assume you set up the Phone, and you can see it to AdminSite>Orbiters. Try a full regen with a reload.

If it doesn't work, try to delete the Mobile orbiter in the AdminSite, reload the router and try to re-connect the phone.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 12:37:50 am »
Mine is a music xpress 5800 as well. Do you have touchscreen on yours? Couild you psot the jar you are using. Mine is listed as an orbiter. Won't connect though

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 11:08:17 am »
I'm using the Jar from Sambuca's (http://hob.dyndns.org/javamo/) , anyway i really think is not a MO problem.

Try to delete the Orbiter from the admin site, reload the router, wait for lmce to ask about your phone again, select Java Mobile Phone,  go to Admin>Orbiter, select a correct screen size, (i added a Nokia5800 row in Size Table,i'm not at home and i don't remember the value,maybe u can try selecting 240x320 PDA to begin), Full Regen and Reload router.

This should work.

The touchscreen is ok, the only thing is i was not be able to use the entire screen of the phone, because the SO create a Directional Pad with 4 Buttons in the bottom of the screen, so the usable part of the screen is less than the 320x640 Display.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 05:22:14 pm »
You can get rid of the direction pad by going to application setting on the phone and turning off the pad for the javaMo app. You can then setup the phone for the correct resolution of 360x640.

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 07:17:32 pm »
Perfect, thanks for the hint.

So your's working now?

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 07:38:20 pm »
Nope,
I'm going to buy a different dongle and try that. If that doesn't work is there a way to uninstall bluetooth drivers and then reinstall them?

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 07:43:22 pm »
But you said the dongle is working in KDE. Was Lmce able to notify your cellphone once?
If yes you can delete the orbiter and delete the device pair in the AdminPage.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 07:55:18 pm by massabuntu »

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 08:46:06 pm »
It recognizes my phone, it creates an orbiter in the web admin but I never see it actually connect. I also sometimes see a message saying some devices didn't load correctly.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 12:05:50 am »
Different dongle, same problem. Both of my 5800 music xpress phones are recognized and an orbiter shows up in the admin. But when I run the JavaMo it sits there with (no data) message and the bluetooth never gets connected. Is this a pairing issue? When it creates the device it asks for a phone number but nothing ever gets sent.

Thanks,

Kevin

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 08:11:37 am »
It's not necessary to pair the phone and MD !

You could perhaps check the log for the bluetooth dongle for clues?

br,
sambuca

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 02:02:03 pm »
Ok,
So now today I get a message asking if I want to receive a message over bluetooth from DCEROUTER. I hit yes but still get the no data on the phone. I think I'm close. Is there something I have to do in the web admin now? I don't remember it being this difficult in 7.10

Kooma

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 03:29:30 pm »
Same here (still problems with BT connection..).

Today installed LMCE from zero to another PC, that went extremely well. However, I do get this same message from dce-router as you kyfalcon. OK, something -is- saved. When trying to install this *.sis package it fails, stating that it is not supported. My phone is Nokia E71. I have enabled applications to be installed without any certificates.

This thing is not a big deal, just one step towards that would be nice to take. Also, after awhile one becomes a bit obsessed with this :-)