Author Topic: Screen Resolution, USB-UIRT Issues with 810, and other issues/questions.  (Read 2068 times)

matt4914

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Hi ya'll--I'm back with more questions for the LMCE community.

I installed 810 and bought a USB-UIRT for my setup but I am struggling to do several things:

1.  The USB-UIRT will not be recognized by my system--Well, it's recognized but hangs the boot process at either 84% or 92% of the way every other time (It gives me an error messaged the other times, saying that there is improperly installed hardware.
2.  I have a 21.5" 1080P monitor that I purchased for use with my system but unfortunately, I cannot get LMCE to use the highest possible resolution.  This is a link to the screen:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236053.  The highest resolution is 1920x1080--If you can help me with instructions which will allow me to use the screen to its full potential, that'd be awesome.  It is connected by DVI to a Nvidia 9400 GT card.
3.  I also have noticed that with 810, I am no longer drawing images from Flickr for my background.  Any ideas why this is happening?
4.  Another thing that I had in 710 and is no longer present is the control window in the KDE desktop environment.  Is there a way to get that back?  Sometimes if I stay in the KDE environment for a while the orbiter wont start back up again.  Is there a key combination to regen the orbiter?
5.  Can I use my LMCE hybrid as a more or less "automatic" backup for my Macbook Pro?  Is that a possibility?  I have a 500 GB hard drive in it with not much on it and was hoping that if the MBP was connected to the internal LMCE network I could set up a backup agent somehow.

Thanks so much!
--Matt

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Resolution, USB-UIRT Issues with 810, and other issues/questions.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 08:37:46 pm »
1. has been fixed in the most recent builds. The new launch manager was not responding to new devices being added.

2. I am not sure what to do here to help you, perhaps others here can help you.

3. This would be indicative of the core not able to make an internet connection Can you use internet from your core or from your media directors?

4. This has been removed, and replaced with a launch manager that will eventually support both clean core and hybrid operation. There was an activate orbiter plasmoid that we were testing for the desktop, unfortunately, this solution did not work out. I am attempting another solution.

5. Pluto had developed a Backup agent for windows, a similar thing could be done for the Mac as well.

-Thom

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Resolution, USB-UIRT Issues with 810, and other issues/questions.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 11:39:32 pm »
Point 2 - you tell us you have a problem with screen resolution, but don't describe the actual issue. What happens when you choose 1080p in the AV Wizard? Describe it in detail. What resolution are you able to get? Have you investigated the xorg.conf file and if so, what changes have you tried? Have you reviewed the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file when attempting 1080p to see if there are any indications of what is wrong? (can't be more specific on that point until you have described the actual symptoms)