Author Topic: Comcastic...  (Read 2050 times)

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Comcastic...
« on: September 02, 2009, 03:51:05 am »
I've been Comcasted.  Apparently Comcast is in the process of moving channels around, a lot of them.  Not only are they changing things around, they have added new channels.  Mainly digital (HDHomeRun), but there are a couple new analog ones as well.

What is the best way to deal with this?  I know I need to do a channel scan from mythtv-setup, but I'm not sure what would be best for the "existing channel treatment" option.  I'm not really sure what "delete" or "minimal updates" or whatever the third option is actually do.  I tried google, but didn't find a good answer.  Some of the channels have moved to where other existing channels were, and I'm not sure how MythTV deals with that.  The scan seems to be doing a good job of picking up the call sign, but I don't know if MythTV can use that or if it will keep the old xmlid on existing channels that I painstakingly entered one by one.

I really don't want to delete everything and start over.  Just figuring out what channel goes with what xmlid is a big hassle.