Author Topic: New Event Plug-in proposal  (Read 10064 times)

esev

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Eric Severance
Re: New Event Plug-in proposal
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 05:43:03 pm »
This way you could have multiple modes for your houses heating, for example,

Timed:Use a pre defined set of times to turn the heating on and off
Auto: Use a temperature sensor do decide the heating requirements
On: Just put the heating on regardless of the time and/or temperature
Off:
Boost: Turn the heating on for 1 hour then reset to previous settings.

These modes would then show up in the climate panel of the UI for quick and easy setting.  Like I say this may already be possible, but if you are re-thinking the events module then it could be worth adding in. 

I'm not currently running any climate devices right now in my setup, but like this idea.  You might even be able to do this today with the Event Plug-in and a custom Climate Scenario.  It might be possible to further automate it with one of the House modes.

At the very least this is a good use-case for the new Event Plug-in.  I'm just working out the design for the plugin now and will keep this scenario in mind.  Maybe there is something easy I can tweak that will make your scenario easier to implement.

Lastly I'm not that up to speed on LinuxMCE yet, but if you need any help with simple coding or UI work I would be more than willing to help.

Thanks for the offer!  We could sure use any coding help you are willing to offer.  If you're interested in helping I'd suggest looking at the current bugs for LinuxMCE and see if there are any that you can tackle.  I found going through and fixing some of the bugs was a good way to learn how LinuxMCE works under the hood.
Eric Severance
My setup

esev

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Eric Severance
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 05:47:12 pm »
BTW, posde, if you're still watching this thread, I'm jealous of your KNX blinds. :) In re-writing the Sunrise/Sunset logic I'm also adding Sun Elevation and Azimuth. Maybe someday soon you'll be able to use that to adjust your drapes/blinds based on the sun's position.
Eric Severance
My setup

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 07:00:21 pm »
Yes, I am still watching ;)

You might want to add some device data to the blind device which specifies the orientation of the window, to generate some auto scenarios...

like enable shading (for a specific room), which automatically puts the blinds at 50% depending on current position of sun, if pressed