Author Topic: LinuxMCE factory reset wanted  (Read 6794 times)

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxMCE factory reset wanted
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 05:32:18 pm »
I thought the 0710 DVD created a Linux user with the username "linuxmce"... If that's the case, peter would not be a sudoer...  did you create the user peter on your own?

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Logging_In#DVD_Installation - there's info there about the CD install also.

infoteksec

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Broken network i/f swap logic
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 08:49:09 pm »
Well, I've done a bit of research and I've found one problem in networkSettings.php

Locate the line that contains: if(isset($_POST['swap'])){

The two lines that follow assume that the zero-th entry in the External and Internal Interfaces Array contain either the string "eth0" or "eth1".

If either string is "wlan0", say, then the FALSE option is taken in the subsequent assignment and the interface designation is set as "eth1". This is a bit unfortunate since it is conceivable that both interfaces could be set to "eth1" in which case subsequent SWAP commands will merrily toggle both designations between "eth0" and "eth1". It might be better if the code did not make rash assumptions.

What it doesn't explain is why my "wlan0" isn't automatically set to "eth1" the first time I used the SWAP i/f option. - hmm.

BTW: I took advice and installed the DVD version LMCE having made sure I had a compliant network and found everything worked like it says on the box.

schaferj

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxMCE factory reset wanted
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 11:52:47 pm »
Peter,
congratulations on getting is working!

Sometimes the quickest way to solve things is just to redo.

Also, there are good portions of the system that still show have evidence of our legacy from pluto.  Pluto had a very defined hardware setup and so the code was not required to account for a lot of variations - as you have pointed out.

The good news is that tremendous progress has been made and continues to be made.  Your assistance would be most welcome to root out some of these things or with any other contributions you can offer.

joseph