Author Topic: Customizing Media layout !!!  (Read 2814 times)

canukguy1974

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Customizing Media layout !!!
« on: September 03, 2009, 09:23:48 pm »
 I would like to know if there is a way to turn off the file info in the video section. Just for appearance. What I am talking about is the info over top of the play close move delete buttons when I click on a video. I have been going through it all over due to the fact that 1. if your synopsis is longer than 3 lines you can't read the rest of it. It would be nice if it would auto scroll but, anyways. So if I could hide the location of the file then it would look at little cleaner. I hope this makes sense.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Customizing Media layout !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 03:22:42 am »
Have you tagged your media?

-Thom

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 04:54:57 pm »
No, the field with the full file path cannot be "hidden".  Extending the synopsis box would require changes in designer.  I am frequently annoyed by this limitation also.

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 03:07:29 pm »
Hi,

If you have synch'd your media you could always edit the synopsis in Media Files Sync.

If you've got a lot of movies this would be a real pain.

If synch'd you would probably have to turn off mediaupdate, edit this synopsis in Media Files Synch, delete the id3 tag from the /usr/pluto/diskless/XX/device/public...whatever HDD location.

Then turn mediaupdate back on to get the modified id3 tag recreated on the HDD.

A bunch a playing around but an option.

canukguy1974

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 04:01:58 pm »
 Sorry I haven't replied right away but, I have been messing with AutoHotkey to try and make a macro to help me out a bit. I do have alot of movies and songs (500movies and 4000songs) close to that anyways.  I have been editing the synopsis and updating media.

Is there a way that I can clear the database from old attributes especially in songs. I have used easytag to do all me songs on my windoze box. I deleted what I had on my Linux  system but, when I use the media brower and select an attribute they are still listed in the database. I would like to import my songs on a clean database?

Another question can we use each others id3 tags?

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 05:47:12 pm »
Hi,

If you synch'd your movies and music via updatemedia Media Files Sync or whatever they are listed in the database and hdd.

There will be a check mark under media Files Sync referencing listed in database and disk.  Or there is no check just a symbol meaning on disk only.

Since it sounds like you removed it from usr/pluto/diskless/XX/etc and it is still there when you look at it under LinuxMCE then it has been synch'd and was in both places.

So you have to turn off updatemedia, delete the id3 from Media File Sync and HDD then add your new modified id3 to HDD.

When finished turn back on mediaupdate and LinuxMCE database will get updated.

The .id3 tag (or .mp3 extension) is the same thing.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 05:49:53 pm by pigdog »