Author Topic: SSL certificate for secure Outside Access  (Read 7355 times)

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: SSL certificate for secure Outside Access
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 09:40:48 pm »
A first draft of the script has been attached to the trac ticket linked above.
I've tried to test it as best I can on a freshly installed system, but of course I could have missed something. It would be a good idea to backup the contents of /etc/apache2/ before running this script.
Just download it to your core somewhere and fire it off, its fully automated.

Kooma

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 05:37:00 pm »
Hi merkur2k. Would it be possible for you to update the wiki to give instructions (other than what you've already given) for newbies like me to go through the setup process? I think that would be appreciated by many users.

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 12:23:16 am »
its just a matter of downloading it to the core and running it like you would any other shell script.
I do need to revisit this at some time though, it gets clobbered at the next system upgrade.

Kooma

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 04:26:15 pm »
its just a matter of downloading it to the core and running it like you would any other shell script.
I do need to revisit this at some time though, it gets clobbered at the next system upgrade.

OK, I'm a bit slow getting anything to work but anyway... I tried the wiki approach (http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/HTTPS) and get these errors in the end when restarting apache:

Code: [Select]
[Fri Jan 08 17:15:48 2010] [error] VirtualHost *:443 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results
[Fri Jan 08 17:15:48 2010] [error] VirtualHost *:80 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results
[Fri Jan 08 17:15:48 2010] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:0 has no VirtualHosts

The result when trying to access using https is: SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Any advice what might go wrong in 'mixing ports' etc?

-Kooma

Kooma

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 08:57:52 pm »
Well, I'm not only slow but slobby.. Got it working, I had omitted one '#' from the instructions in wiki.

Very interesting to access the server with secure(?) https. Now to add some environmental logging data that can be viewed outside the house. That ought to be cool and satisfying once working.

BTW, what log file indicates device status of each Z-wave unit?

-Kooma