Author Topic: Recovery Partition  (Read 2854 times)

garg_art2002

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
    • Home Site
Recovery Partition
« on: August 21, 2009, 10:43:07 pm »
Hello Guys
I am trying to recover a broken LMCE-710.
If the recovery partition along with the swap partition in the extended area is totally lost.
I have a Tar copy of the recovery partition in backup.
I also think we are able to recover sda1.
Is it ok to load the /recovery in sda1 and what then should we do about the fstab?
Any guidance, before I fire up the machine?

Many thanks. I am not a Linux expert.

Anil
Linux MCE.  Next best thing since slice of bread. (Audio, Video, Webserver, NAS - All rolled into one cool appliance).

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery Partition
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 03:27:14 am »
The recovery partition was written at pluto, and i don't think any of us have even audited it. It is not even a part of 0810, at the moment.

I'm sorry, I do not have a way to analyse the partition and I am busy with development atm.

-Thom

garg_art2002

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
    • Home Site
Re: Recovery Partition
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 04:31:03 am »
The recovery partition was written at pluto, and i don't think any of us have even audited it. It is not even a part of 0810, at the moment.

I'm sorry, I do not have a way to analyse the partition and I am busy with development atm.

-Thom
Thanks Thom. Booted my recovered machine 2 hours ago. Its running fine without any glitch and has no swap or recovery partition as yet. My system has 3GB and hardly used and so not having swap wont kill it in next 12 hours or so as I expect a new drive (Bigger) to hold my media. Thanks for responding though.
Anil Garg
Linux MCE.  Next best thing since slice of bread. (Audio, Video, Webserver, NAS - All rolled into one cool appliance).