Author Topic: Asus eee Box b202 - Monitor doesn't turn off + occasional staging  (Read 4293 times)

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I have a b202 setup as an MD @720p (masking) with an LCD monitor, connected via Ethernet, and I have a few minor issues I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on.

1. I have disabled the PSS (Photo Screen Saver) as per these http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/ASUS_eee_box_b202_setup instructions, but I still get occasional ~5 sec lock-ups when watching standard def video. The video and audio stops (freezes), then it might skip ahead a second or two and continue. Happens about 2-3 times over a 40min video. Do others get this?

2. The monitor doesn't turn off (or enter sleep mode). Ever. "Leave Monitor on for OSD" is un-ticked under My Devices=> Generic PC as MD => OnScreen Orbiter. "Timeout is set to "600,600" if that has any impact. Is there a setting somewhere for this?

3. I have not been able to watch 720p content at all (which is ok because I don't have much :)), stages badly. Have others had any luck with actual HD content?

EDIT: I just noticed the main wiki page has this note "Some rare periodic screen freezing though" so number 1 might be normal behaviour...

WR.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:15:56 pm by wombiroller »

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Asus eee Box b202 - Monitor doesn't turn off + occasional staging
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 04:58:17 pm »
LinuxMCE doesn't currently support DPMS power management for monitors, so yeah it will never turn off a monitor that doesnt have a remote control or control port and a device template. I think it would be a useful addition, but I have no idea how to add it.

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 05:26:59 pm »
2. The monitor doesn't turn off (or enter sleep mode). Ever. "Leave Monitor on for OSD" is un-ticked under My Devices=> Generic PC as MD => OnScreen Orbiter. "Timeout is set to "600,600" if that has any impact. Is there a setting somewhere for this?

Hi,

maybe this thread is of help?

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=7441.0;topicseen

Best regards,
Reint.

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 03:30:32 am »

Hi,

maybe this thread is of help?

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=7441.0;topicseen

Best regards,
Reint.

Awesome - thanks! Had not seen that thread, it does look to be the answer to power issues.

fastie81

• Veteran
  • SSDD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 03:42:33 am »
Hi Guys

Well I have no luck with the EEE box as MD..
I have a few movies the has hd codex but they as in SD.
Every time I play them I get like 5 or 10 min into the movie and then the screen goes black..
The should still goes but just black. I can stop the move with the remote and you can hear the movie stop but no orbitor or nothing..
Route reload does not work so the only way to get the MD back is a reboot of the MD.
Have anyone ells see this before..
I was thinking the could be relating to a codec but have install eveything I can think of with no luck.
Any help will be great.. if I can get this fixed with out buying new hardware would be great.
Chris

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 05:18:28 am »
Hi fastie81,

I'm a bit confused. Is standard def content working? Are you using 720p? Masking or Alpha?

fastie81

• Veteran
  • SSDD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 05:21:15 am »
Hi

I am using 720p and Masking
Well all my content is SD I don't have HD contend.. but some of the SD content are using the H.264 codec and that is the ones the gives me greef..
Chris

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 06:07:17 am »
The only H.264 stuff I have is HD. I take it you have updated your xorg.conf file?

fastie81

• Veteran
  • SSDD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 07:03:37 am »
Well Then My files is very very small for HD files.

Yes I have update my xorg file.