Author Topic: Complex Discrete Input Selections  (Read 2763 times)

jthodges

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Complex Discrete Input Selections
« on: February 04, 2009, 03:52:51 pm »
My TV doesn't directly support discrete inputs, but you can press a number to select the input after you have pressed the input button.  For example, to select HDMI, I would press [Input] and then [4].  I couldn't figure out how to use that when setting up the device, so does anyone know how I could accomplish this?  I can also use the toggle mode, but I would definitely prefer discrete if it's possible.

jthodges

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Complex Discrete Input Selections
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 04:08:23 am »
Sorry to dig up such an old topic, but I recently looked this thread up to help someone in a similar situation and was appalled to see that I hadn't returned to provide the solution...  I was able to combine the 2 IR codes being used into a single code to allow for discrete inputs.  This works much, much better than the toggle mode I had been using before then.  I added the details to the bottom of this wiki page: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/TOAD_vs_Discrete_Codes

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Complex Discrete Input Selections
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 05:03:30 am »
Your tip in irc the other day led me to the same article.  The pronto codes are fairly simple to decipher and easy to chain together.  Thanks again!

J.