Author Topic: 7.10 rc2 and Dish network  (Read 6569 times)

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
7.10 rc2 and Dish network
« on: August 16, 2009, 07:06:16 pm »
Thought I was home free with a perfect install, but then..............

I am trying to use the USBUIRT to control a Dish DVR-625 from a linuxmce hybrid/core. I have used the admin website to learn the IR codes from my Dish network remote. That part seemed to go smoothly. However when I try to test the codes by sending them from the website, nothing happens on the dish box. None of the commands work at all. This method works for both my television and the AV receiver that my audio goes through.

(I have used the x86 fix posted in the Wiki (Thanks for the great work Seth!) and that seems to make the onboard blaster work beautifully.)

After unsuccessfully holding the USBUIRT in front of the STB and sending the commands, I plugged an IR blaster onto the back and mounted the emitter end directly over the receiver on the STB. Sadly this did not work either. The USBUIRT and blaster both light up when I send the message.

The only theory that I have is that some of the Dish remotes use the 56k range and I did not get the USBUIRT with the 56k receiver module. However like I said it learned the codes without incident and should broadcast up to 60k according to the website.

Any other thoughts, solutions or tips would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

stallione

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 7.10 rc2 and Dish network
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 04:17:43 am »
Josh,
On the same boat here with you. The problem is that we don't have the correct IR code. The IR Codes that you learn from USBUIRT using the remote with the new Dish receivers (211k, 622 etc) don't work. I found a set of codes, which includes everything except the media control (play pause etc) and the number '9' to work. You can download the ir code from the sage tv forum, these codes work but you still lack the full functionality.

You can download the code here
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7880&d=1233721955

I have been in touch with Jon @ USBUIRT and he is working to help me resolve this issue. Please let me know if you can find the correct codes for the rest of the stuff.

HTH
Thanks,
Stallione.

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 05:02:41 am »
Awesome, that should help me out a lot.

I will give those codes a try when I get back home and see if I can make some progress.

Strange that the learned codes would not work, wonder what would cause that. More importantly is there another way to capture the codes so that they can be entered manually. I bet that answer is probably on www.remotecentral.com. I will look in a little while and post back if I find anything.

Thanks again for your help!
Josh

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 08:48:28 am »
I think that the capture with a Msoft ir blaster will work because I properly captured the IR codes for use with Vista Media Center last year. Don't know what format it stores them in but they ought to be in the registry. Sadly I no longer have that piece of gear to test that theory.

Supposedly there is a master pronto code database here: http://onlyoneremote.com/database_pep2.html

I am having trouble opening the file to check the contents though, can't get the database to open with Access. I am waiting on openoffice to download and I will try with that. Let me know if you have any luck.

Josh

stallione

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 04:24:02 pm »
The funny thing is that if you use a windows machine to learn the code using USBUIRT (lrnhelper.exe), those codes would work perfectly from the windows application. If you copy those code and try it on LMCE, they don't work.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 10:42:03 pm »
that program does not output PRONTO codes.

-Thom

gadget

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 12:27:09 pm »
On the global cache website they have a GC100 - CCF converter program. I was using it before I worked out why my USBUIRT wan't learning correctly in LMCE.

gadget

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 12:54:02 am »
Josh,
On the same boat here with you. The problem is that we don't have the correct IR code. The IR Codes that you learn from USBUIRT using the remote with the new Dish receivers (211k, 622 etc) don't work. I found a set of codes, which includes everything except the media control (play pause etc) and the number '9' to work. You can download the ir code from the sage tv forum, these codes work but you still lack the full functionality.

You can download the code here
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7880&d=1233721955

I have been in touch with Jon @ USBUIRT and he is working to help me resolve this issue. Please let me know if you can find the correct codes for the rest of the stuff.

HTH
Thanks,
Stallione.

Those codes work beautifully! Thanks!

Still no impact no idea on the rest of them.

Josh