Author Topic: HACS ESS - Expandable Speaker Selector Switch  (Read 2801 times)

rocketlynx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
HACS ESS - Expandable Speaker Selector Switch
« on: August 18, 2009, 06:17:49 pm »
HACS ESS - Expandable Speaker Selector Switch

This product, of which is available from HACS http://www.hacs.com, has been talked about and referenced in several different posts on the Forum but never addressed directly so I'm throwing it up to see if it sticks.  

From reading the LinuxMCE wiki, http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/ESS_Expandable_Speaker_Selector_Switch, and many of the posts in the forum it seems that Bulek has quite a bit of experience and offered at lot of help in the past.  (Bulek, I'm not trying to put you on the spot but just looking for the cold hard facts on ESS.)

It appears that the integration of this product and it's use was a custom template and configuration file contributed by Bulek for LinuxMCE 710 that may not be included in LinuxMCE 810-Alpha2 because I've looked through the Alpha2 templates and I can't seem to locate it.  Is this the case?

Also, are there any Orbiter Screenshots of how the ESS speaker zones are accessed and the 11 volume levels are selected from the Orbiter?

I guess the main question is: How much is the HACS ESS system implemented in LinuxMCE.  If you use a local volume control at the zone the speakers are located in, and raise or lower the volume manually, is there feedback to the Orbiter to see the current volume level for that zone as changed by hand at the speaker location (stated - 11 levels of volume per zone).

Since this product is a bit on the expensive side, I can't just invest $400.00 to $600.00 bucks (because of the number of zones I need) to play with it.  I would like to know if it is fully integrated or, at least,  something that I can finish up on the integration and implementation of myself if it leans closer to the most probable side.

The screenshots would help if someone already has this installed and working, and can be taken from an Orbiter, displaying the ESS Speaker Zone Controls.

Thanks,
Charles
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:21:21 pm by rocketlynx »