Author Topic: Simultaneous analog and SPDIF/coax  (Read 2284 times)

MastercorpHA

• First post!
    • View Profile
Simultaneous analog and SPDIF/coax
« on: August 15, 2009, 08:15:45 pm »
II have a Asus M2NPV-VM board that is running well so far with LinuxMCE but I'd like to have it output both analog (for my distributed home audio system) and digital (for my A/V movie receiver). Currently I have a Core/hybrid setup so that its one HTPC in my media room and its this hybrid that I'd like to get both analog/digital running simultaneously.

If I manually select "stereo" output then I can go into KMixer (and Alsamixer) and enable the digital output but its stereo only and seems to reset after I reset the LinuxMCE routher. I think I need to leave the Launch Manager on Digital/coax to get DD/DTS output, but then figure out how to un-mute the analog manually, but after hours I'm still not sure how to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Simultaneous analog and SPDIF/coax
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 10:27:34 pm »
I am sure there is something you can put in asound.conf for this, some googling on alsa and what youre after should find results. however, that file is managed by lmce as youve found out and is overwritten at boot time. you would have to dig into the source and modify whatever it is that writes the config file.
a better solution might be to use a dedicated md for your distributed audio system, maybe even a squeezebox would work.