Author Topic: New 0710 install, flickering screen with "ok" message, does not boot  (Read 2793 times)

trippy21

• View Profile
Hi
Have installed 0710 from the DVD this week (m5dsums are ok) and every time i boot the machine i get past the Kubuntu flash screen with the progress bar and then the screen goes black, comes on again and i can see the word "ok" on the far right hand side and then the screen goes black again. This continues forever. If i ctrl-alt-del then i can see everything shutdown and the computer restarts.
I am using a trusty old CRT monitor, but borrowed a new LCD with VGA & DVI inputs from work. Have used the new monitor with both VGA & DVI inputs and get the same problem.
Looked through the forums & wiki this morning and noticed people talking about a blank screen only, if this the same problem? Do i need to upgrade my video drivers? The mobo is using a Nvidia Geforce 8200 chipset.

I booted in to recovery mode to see if there were any issues from the messages it puts up as it loads and noticed a few failures, not sure if these are proper failures or show up because i'm not starting linuxMCE. Any comments?

"* Mounting local filesystems..." i get the "fail" message.
"Loading AppArmor profiles Error: #include <tunables/proc> not found at line 16 in tunables/global."
"Profile /etc.apparmor.d/usr.sbin.cupsd failed to load : failed"

Thanks

My setup is
Gigabyte GA-M85M-US2h V1.1
AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Sythe mini Ninja cooler)
4 GB Ram
Hauppauge HVR4000 Tv card
WD 80GB SATA drive (i'm using this to get my Hybrid up and running and then invest in a couple of TB's)
NX1101 PCI Lan card

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: New 0710 install, flickering screen with "ok" message, does not boot
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 10:36:46 am »
Please use the Alpha 0810 build. We can no longer support 0710, and it will not run on your hardware.

Please goo to the wiki, and click on the Alpha2 link on the front page for instructions on installing it.

-Thom

trippy21

• View Profile
Re: New 0710 install, flickering screen with "ok" message, does not boot
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:38:37 am »
Thanks will do