Author Topic: Call for donations for features.  (Read 31621 times)

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Call for donations for features.
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2009, 10:41:02 pm »
I would also love to see a way to add media to a "favorites", and sort media by other attributes such as year. Others already mentioned the juicier features.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2009, 11:57:24 pm »
Can somebody work on trying to get this into UpdateMedia itself? We shouldn't have to run a "script" ... perhaps by doing some introspection of the files we can at least set format, and use directories for the others.

-Thom

jthodges

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2009, 04:55:32 am »
Can somebody work on trying to get this into UpdateMedia itself? We shouldn't have to run a "script" ... perhaps by doing some introspection of the files we can at least set format, and use directories for the others.

-Thom

If you're referring to donpaul's script, the autotag patch I submitted six months ago integrates with UpdateMedia to do this and more.  It is based on file / directory path, allows regular expressions, and allows you to set/update/add MediaType, MediaSubType, ShortAttribute, LongAttribute.  

Edit: To clarify - it does not do any introspection on the files, though I think that's a good idea and separate from the autotag patch.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 05:10:55 am by jthodges »

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2009, 05:22:27 am »
is that patch in the current release?

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2009, 06:22:49 am »
I would love to apply and test that patch if it isn't already in the latest release. I only use the script as a workaround until the feature was added, and provided it in case anyone else is as impatient as I am.

indulis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2009, 08:21:14 am »

The Amazon affiliate link I set up that would benefit the community, including the 'dev hardship fund' has had 7 clicks and no sales.  Does nobody in this community buy things on Amazon?  this doesn't cost you anything but the community will recieve commission for your sale at 4-7% of the purchase price.  Just click thru the link below and search Amazon, select, Buy, the community gains

http://www.techstyleuk.co.uk/lmce_ass.htm

I didn't know about this and have bought quite a lot of stuff from Amazon UK- how about a sticky in all forums with just the subject "PLEASE DONATE TO LINUXMCE" and the Amazon links and the normal donation button/link.

I'm going to try the new version of LMCE.  For me the things which probably need improving most with LMCE are:
  • Faster integration of newer kernel and driver versions (to enable new hardware support- otherwise there is a race between LMCE supporting new kernel versions and other drivers, and the LMCE supported hardware being obsolete and only available 2nd hand)
  • Elimination of tearing video

jthodges

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2009, 07:38:04 pm »
is that patch in the current release?
Not as far as I know, but I did just notice a recent update on the trac ticket that someone had added the libpcrecpp library dependency to UpdateMedia.  Perhaps they are getting ready to integrate it?

I would love to apply and test that patch if it isn't already in the latest release. I only use the script as a workaround until the feature was added, and provided it in case anyone else is as impatient as I am.
I would really appreciate any testing and/or feedback.  Unfortunately, I don't currently have a functional 0810 build environment to provide you with binaries, but if you have one set up and wanted to try the patch, I'd be happy to help however I can.  The patch and my instructions for setting it up are in the trac ticket http://trac.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/158

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2009, 08:34:55 pm »
I would really appreciate any testing and/or feedback.  Unfortunately, I don't currently have a functional 0810 build environment to provide you with binaries, but if you have one set up and wanted to try the patch, I'd be happy to help however I can.  The patch and my instructions for setting it up are in the trac ticket http://trac.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/158

I'll check it out.