Author Topic: Call for Contributions for Fiire Chief support.  (Read 9485 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Call for Contributions for Fiire Chief support.
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 06:43:22 pm »
hmm.

damn it fellas...

i will get to it when i get to it! stop whining!

or, you know what? i've outlined the relevant code...somebody else go in and do the required work!!! grow a sack!

-Thom

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 07:16:59 pm »
skeptic, you´re right about buy the supported giratyon is obvious do this .. I just ask because I don´t have nothing to do with my unused fiire chief and I spent some money on it and used it for a very short time... :/. Nobody will buy it here in Brazil
It's a tough one, and as someone with a bunch of old unused equipment in their closet, some barely used at all, I sympathize.  Thom has said he will eventually get to it, and for that I applaud him.  On a whim I bought one of those $35 Gyration remotes just to see if it would work (they are listed as model number 3201 instead of the lmce officially supported 3101).  It works perfect, plug and play, and immediately replaced my MS remote (and I really dislike using the Gyration mouse).  I can see why you guys want the fiire remote to be supported, it's probably even better.  On the other hand, I just can't get away from the fact that these are no longer sold.  Eventually the wagon wheel maker had to move on.

billytwowilly

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 02:25:20 am »
tschak: I tried to do a search to see what your hourly rates are like and couldn't find it. I would love to know because my job will hopefully soon allow me to send some money this project's way. Maybe we should get a sticky where developers can post their hourly rates?

jamieaus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 10:11:45 am »
Thom

Do I send payment with Paypal to your forum registered email address?

Can you advise on a couple of things, once this code is done will it be future proof on new releases or is this going to have to be done for each new release?

Can you advise how much your hourly rate is or point me to a link for this.

Or alternatively provide a link to the required work you have pointed out.

Thanks

Jamie.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 05:02:07 pm »
Hi.

paypal to thomas@localeconcept.com.

I normally charge $100 an hour for LinuxMCE related work.

Once this code is done, it will work so long as they don't drastically create a new kernel input system that interferes with the old system like what happened this last time.

Basically, the code in src/Orbiter/Linux/HIDInterface.cpp needs to be rewritten to use the kernel hidraw devices, and decode button presses and bind requests from them, instead of relying on libusb calls.

-Thom

jamieaus

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 11:12:40 am »
Thom

As I can't see many people donating to the fiire chief driver, I have purchased a 3102 remote, I would however still like to have the fiire chief running.

Could you direct me to the hidraw code for the 3101, if there was a libusb module for this it would be good as well, I won't claim to be able to do this however I will have a go if you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Jamie.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 04:24:05 pm »