Author Topic: What screen effects does HA Designer have?  (Read 2541 times)

fearingsept

• Guru
    • View Profile
What screen effects does HA Designer have?
« on: August 09, 2009, 08:41:31 pm »
I noticed when working in HA Designer a while back that there were some effects options. Does HA Designer have an effect option for button fade in when a screen renders?

The goal is to make a UI 1 or UI 2 screen that when you change to a new screen there is a slight button render effect to fade in. only maybe a half a second fade in as to give the UI more an organic feel... can I do that?
Core: Broken :(

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: What screen effects does HA Designer have?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 04:51:01 pm »
i've been trying to dig into this myself, and i enabled those two command parameters to test something. right now, they're somewhat useless...

the PK_Effects only work on UI2, and are OpenGL based. The code for them is being compiled into Orbiter, but I am having difficulty figuring out what even makes them trigger. The relevant tables are Effect and EffectType, and range from some fades to basic bezier animation.

We also have the ability to play back MNG based files for designobjs in ui1. This should only be used for nice square areas, because each frame is pre-rendered. However, I also do not know how to properly implement this, as experimental changes here in designer are not working.

-Thom