Author Topic: Can someone make a youtube video of how to setup LinuxMCE?  (Read 3584 times)

Captain_Glen

• View Profile
Can someone make a youtube video of how to setup LinuxMCE?
« on: August 09, 2009, 10:13:37 am »
Can someone make some youtube videos of how to setup the various aspects of LinuxMCE?

I think videos would be really useful and help out people like me.  A different one for each thing that is possible would be useful.

• PLCBUS
  • X10
  • Clipsal C-Bus
  • Lighting
  • Blinds
  • Sprinklers
  • Temperature control
  • Security Cameras
  • Media Director
  • Core
  • Tv Recording

ivanp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone make a youtube video of how to setup LinuxMCE?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 02:24:11 pm »
That is a lot lot lot lot lot, LOT, of work. You already have a google video on how LMCE works, from installing to using.
It is almost immposible to make one or more videos and document all of the installing. You should take a look at the google video, then READ (and read again) wiki and recomended HW and setups. After that installing any of the LMCE aspects isnt hard, for anything You want to install there should be a template. If there isnt one You can make it Yourself. If all that fails, YOu can always manually add devices through the Web Admin.

Captain_Glen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 07:48:29 am »
What is the link to the google video?

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:07:14 am »
http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=2176025602905109829&ei=TbgdSZiXJ4iG2gKVyOTyBg&q=linuxmce

You know what I put into www.google.com?

"Google video linuxmce"

It is th fist hit, I have the feeling you want everything done for you, the same you do in the topic about PLCbus.
We try to help, but we are not going to massage your feet.

wierdbeard65

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • My Quest
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 01:17:56 pm »
I have the feeling you want everything done for you, the same you do in the topic about PLCbus.
You mean that this service isn't on offer? Damn! And I was waiting for one of you guys to turn up and get my rig running for me  ::)
We try to help, but we are not going to massage your feet.
Now THAT would be a cool extention. But would it go under "Environmental" or "Media"? ;D
Paul
If you have the time to help, please see where I have got to at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Wierdbeard65