Author Topic: Orbiter on QNX  (Read 18589 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on QNX
« on: October 16, 2006, 11:40:29 pm »
Though I've given up on this several times I'd like to take another stab at it.  My first project will be to SUCCESSFULLY compile the orbiter under linux then start trying under QNX.

To that end I've got the source for PlutoUtils which is says it has no dependencies.  However, the file http_fetcher.h is not found when I try to compile.

Where do I find it?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter on QNX
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 10:56:42 am »
Quote from: "acromion"
Though I've given up on this several times I'd like to take another stab at it.  My first project will be to SUCCESSFULLY compile the orbiter under linux then start trying under QNX.

To that end I've got the source for PlutoUtils which is says it has no dependencies.  However, the file http_fetcher.h is not found when I try to compile.

Where do I find it?

Hi,

welcome back. I'm crying out for Orbiter to be run on QNX, but have no experience to help out (have 3 Audreys that are waiting ...).

if I may suggest, some time ago I talked to Pete Flaherty (he's maintainer of MrAudrey image for Audreys and he was also willing to help and maybe even include Orbiter on his image...).

http://vsa.cape.com/~pjf/nuke/html/index.php

I'd suggest to write to his forums about MRAudrey image. I can also contact him, if you'll not get through..

At that time, we also agreed with Chris (from Pluto) that he'll give you all a hand...

If we're able to compile Orbiter for Audrey, then I'll surely enhance Pluto-Mh integration, so we can all win...

Let us know about your progress (maybe it would be wise to post to Wiki all useful informations)...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on QNX
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 04:49:28 pm »
acromion,
Take a look at my zaurus post here: http://plutohome.com/support/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=788&start=0

You can actually comment out the httpfetcher.h line in the PlutoUtils file FileUtils.cpp.

You need to hack the files a bit to get it to compile but I did get it to compile for the zaurus.

Rob

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on QNX
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:03:18 pm »
I've managed to hack through some of the files so things would compile but I'm running into a bit of weirdness with the provided Makefiles.  

This is an example, but all of the source I've downloaded has the same trouble.
From the Makefile:
libRACommon.so: $(sources:.cpp=.o)
   $(CXX) -shared $(CXXFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) -o $@ $(call cpath,$+)
   cp $@ ../lib

Produces this command:

g++ -shared -Wall -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -I../../ -I../ -I/usr/include/mysql -I.. -I../DCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DMULTI_THREADED -DUSE_MYSQL -DVIPSERVER -DBTSOCKET -o libRACommon.so

Which is obviously missing the input files so g++ returns the error "no input files".

I'm sure I could manually cludge this to work but it shouldn't be that hard.  As I'm rather inexperienced with make I'm hoping someone will point me in the right direction.  

Also, what should go in make.rules?  Could that be relevant?  Mine is blank.

Glenn

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on QNX
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 05:33:28 am »
One of the things I found is that you have to download a bunch of other stuff from cvs to get the thing to compile. Download the RA directory, you need utilities, as well a a couple of others. If you get file not found errors, you are probably missing the directory.

Rob

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Troubles with make
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 05:41:14 pm »
I don't think this is a missing files issue.  If you look at the g++ command:
g++ -shared -Wall -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -I../../ -I../ -I/usr/include/mysql -I.. -I../DCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DMULTI_THREADED -DUSE_MYSQL -DVIPSERVER -DBTSOCKET -o libRACommon.so

You will notice that there is a "-o libRACommon.so" but the syntax should be "-o outputfile inputfile".  I think this means that "$(call cpath,$+)" is somehow not being resolved into a filename.

Can anyone with a better understanding of make solve this for me.

Glenn

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Orbiter on QNX
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 08:25:44 am »
Hi Glenn,

First, do a clean check out from our svn.

Orbiter under Linux depends on four pluto libraries:
1) libSerializeClass.so
Go to src/SerializeClass and do a make clean, then make.
2) libDCECommon.so
Go to src/DCE and do a make clean, then make.
3) libPlutoUtils.so
Go to src/PlutoUtils and do a make clean, then make.
4) libSDL_Helpers.so
Go to src/SDL_Helpers and do a make clean, then make.

For external dependencies (-lmysqlclient_r -lpthread -lSDL -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_image -lSGE -lSDL_gfx -lXtst -lXext -lGL -lXrender -lGLU -lX11 -lXmu -lglib-2.0), you can go to pluto-admin: Advanced->Software->Packages and check its package version and do an apt-get install.

Then go to src/Orbiter and do a make clean bin.

Best regards,
Cristian Miron