Author Topic: touchscreen problem  (Read 31370 times)

widescreen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
touchscreen problem
« on: August 07, 2009, 05:23:40 pm »
I solved one problem with my core touchscreen and between my first 8.10 install and the latest 8.10 install update used in my reinstall, there is another issue. Whenever I touch home or make certain other selections, it appends "1" right after thereby sending me to lighting. example, if i select direct dial, the keypad shows up with a 1, if I dial 9....you see 91, dial 8...you 81 etc etc.  It has nothing to do with the driver and this was not happening before the latest alpha install.  My question is whether this has to do with .xorg settings or should i create a xmodmap, or if this is a error like the one that existed in the prior alpha install with weird characters were showing up? It seems to be happening upon "release", meaning if i hold my finger it stay on the main menu. Once i move my finger off, it's like pressing 1 in the keyboard.  I works perfectly on the kubuntu desktop, no errors there. thanx ;D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:02:39 pm by widescreen »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: touchscreen problem
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 08:25:18 pm »
shit.. it looks like my GenericHIDInterface driver is causing little glitches by overzealously translating event packets.

-Thom

widescreen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:49:41 pm »
damn, i was hoping it was something i did wrong :P

widescreen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 07:19:28 pm »
Thom, is there a work around for this for the time being by any chance?  8)

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:10:50 pm »
Hijacking this thread- there may also be issues with touch pads.  Whenever I try to drag the cursor, whenever I release it thinks that I've clicked in the upper left hand corner of the screen on the "lighting" button.  By using a USB mouse, this effect is not seen.  Maybe related?

widescreen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 11:52:50 pm »
that is the same issue i'm referring to. It isn't that it's clicking on the upper left hand corner.  It is appending the number one to the release of every selection, thereby bringing up the lighting screen making touchscreens unusable.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:57:14 pm by widescreen »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 12:08:24 am »
you wanna fix it? install orbiter properly on a device, or get a WebDT from tkmedia.

Otherwise, I'll have to fx the GenericHIDInterface class when I can.

-Thom

widescreen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 12:27:45 am »
you wanna fix it? install orbiter properly on a device, or get a WebDT from tkmedia.

Otherwise, I'll have to fx the GenericHIDInterface class when I can.

-Thom

oooo..kay, That's what i was asking. sorry if it sounded a way, i know your busy, that's why i asked of there was a work around because i didnt want to bug you. Maybe i'm a little slow, what do mean install it properly? Not sure what i have done wrong.  I have 8.10 installed as a core with a touchscreen, i assume you mean that's no good?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:36:35 am by widescreen »

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 12:45:13 am »
Actually I'm glad that Thom said that- got me thinking- the problem doesn't exist for me on any of the orbiters- the one I got from TKmedia, the win orbiter, etc, the problem only seems to appear when I'm using a MD with a touchpad.  Widescreen, can you confirm?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 12:46:43 am »
that IS where the problem is. It comes from the fact that your touchscreen is an HID device. It uses the /dev/input subsystem to communicate. I intercept those packets and translate them.

-Thom

widescreen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 12:49:57 am »
Actually I'm glad that Thom said that- got me thinking- the problem doesn't exist for me on any of the orbiters- the one I got from TKmedia, the win orbiter, etc, the problem only seems to appear when I'm using a MD with a touchpad.  Widescreen, can you confirm?

no I can't, because i do not have any other touchscreen devices.  ;)

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 01:07:57 am »
Not to beat a dead horse, but do the webdt's not use the /dev/input subsystem?  And, my win orbiter is on a laptop, but maybe there aren't problems with it due to the OS differences...

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 01:18:38 am »
No, it doesn't. Please ... stop... asking... stupid...questions! You are wasting my time.

-Thom

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 12:16:11 am »
Thom - these aren't stupid questions, please keep the tone friendly!!

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 12:24:01 am »
hello fellas, it sucks but i can now confirm this issue as well, has anyone found a solution besides just not using the touchscreen? thanks :)