Author Topic: implement new audio plugin  (Read 50876 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
implement new audio plugin
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 03:16:04 am »
Important: please note that described procedure is suitable only for the local building of packages: these new Templates won't become the part of official Pluto templates set. Additionally you may start experiencing problems after some time when the IDs of templates in official Pluto set start clashing with IDs of your 'locally added' templates.

I would recommend, after doing test builds, checkin new added Templates into the Pluto repository using sqlCVS - then during nightly maintenance, the corresponding headers will be regenerated and after you will 'svn up pluto_main' - your copy of headers will contain the required constants with proper IDs.

Kirill

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 04:06:59 am »
OK, sounds good so the next question is how do I use sqlCVS to check in the new templates?

Thanks,
Jason

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 11:23:06 pm »
Open the Pluto Admin Website. At the right under the "Advanced" menu there will be item "sqlCVS", with various subitems. I recommend you to do the "diff" first to inspect changes, and then do the "checkin".

Note-1: since you are editing/adding device templates, you should select only tables under "dce" category

Note-2: without providing login/password the changes will be commited as 'anonymous' and will not go into mainstream w/o admins approval. As far as I know, you can use your plutohome.com site login/password for doing into sqlCVS. I am not 100% sure, so please post here if you will experience any problems.

Regards, Kirill

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 02:50:03 am »
Kirill,

I followed the procedure you posted, and recieved a sucsess for both opperations.  So I'm guessing it worked.  I went ahead and used my plutohome username and password for both the diff and checkin.  Looks like it worked from my end.  Let me know when the template is available so I can start coding.

Thanks for your help,
Jason

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 01:42:54 am »
Jason,

I am not sure that these are the items you've submitted (can't identify it at the moment), here are the new additions during last ~24 hours:

DeviceTemplate.Description:
"15-2116"
"15-2116RadioShack"
"Hauppauge A415-HPG"

If these are correct items, then the following defines can be used (update from SVN to fetch the updated sources):
pluto_main/Define_DeviceTemplate.h

#define DEVICETEMPLATE_152116_CONST 1842
#define DEVICETEMPLATE_152116RadioShack_CONST 1843
#define DEVICETEMPLATE_Hauppauge_A415HPG_CONST 1844

Before doing any coding, please also update the "DCE" set of tables using the sqlCVS (similarly to diff and commit - via corresponding items of web admin)

Please post here if you will have any problems.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 08:27:41 pm »
Hi again,
  None of those templates are mine, so I guess the checkin did not work.  I'll give it a try again.  Is it normal for the process to take awhile before the browser window prints out a sucsess line?

Thanks,
Jason

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 08:41:10 pm »
Yes, it can take some time. You can speed up it by selecting for commit only tables that contain modifications/changes.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 12:13:25 am »
Just tried again.  did update, diff and checkin.  All stated sucsessfull.  Let me know what things look like on your side.

Thanks,
Jason

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 03:14:20 am »
Yes, it seems everything is OK, the following definitions were added to the corresponding header:

#define DEVICETEMPLATE_DS9490R_CONST 1845
#define DEVICETEMPLATE_Jack_Wrapper_CONST 1846

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 03:58:34 pm »
Great.  Thanks.
No my next question :)  Do I just do an svn update on trunk to get the new header, or is this in the release version?  I've been doing development out of trunk.

Thanks again,
Jason

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 04:05:16 pm »
Jason,

This is the trunk so you should just do svn up and it will fetch it. Here you can see it is already updated (svn trunk via web):
http://svn.plutohome.com/pluto/trunk/src/pluto_main/Define_DeviceTemplate.h

Regards, Kirill

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2006, 04:11:56 am »
I updated my svn and tried to build, but now I have a new problem.  I get this message with anything I try to build:

Computing dependencies for SerializeClass.cpp/bin/sh: line 1: -mkr_t_compile_defines-: No such file or directory
/bin/sh: line 1: SerializeClass.d.9702: No such file or directory
 done
g++ -c -I./ -I../../ -I../ -I../DCE/ -I../../DCE -I../VIPShared/ -I../../VIPShared -I/usr/include/mysql -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE <-mkr_t_compile_defines-> -DUSE_LZO_DATAGRID -Wall -g -ggdb3 -D_GNU_SOURCE SerializeClass.cpp -o SerializeClass.o
/bin/sh: line 1: -mkr_t_compile_defines-: No such file or directory
make: *** [SerializeClass.o] Error 1

At the top of all the Makefile's is this line: SNR_CPPFLAGS ?= <-mkr_t_compile_defines->

Is there a new step needed to build, or is something broke?

Thanks,
Jason

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 07:50:39 am »
Quote from: "jspeckman"
I updated my svn and tried to build, but now I have a new problem.  I get this message with anything I try to build:

Computing dependencies for SerializeClass.cpp/bin/sh: line 1: -mkr_t_compile_defines-: No such file or directory
/bin/sh: line 1: SerializeClass.d.9702: No such file or directory
 done
g++ -c -I./ -I../../ -I../ -I../DCE/ -I../../DCE -I../VIPShared/ -I../../VIPShared -I/usr/include/mysql -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE <-mkr_t_compile_defines-> -DUSE_LZO_DATAGRID -Wall -g -ggdb3 -D_GNU_SOURCE SerializeClass.cpp -o SerializeClass.o
/bin/sh: line 1: -mkr_t_compile_defines-: No such file or directory
make: *** [SerializeClass.o] Error 1

At the top of all the Makefile's is this line: SNR_CPPFLAGS ?= <-mkr_t_compile_defines->

Is there a new step needed to build, or is something broke?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi,

see note on the bottom of page :

http://plutohome.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_compile_Motion_Wrapper

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 04:47:06 pm »
Just thought I'd leave a status update.  So far I have a plugin that compiles clean but seg faults on startup.  Strace was less than helpfull at revieling the cause of the problem, so it may be a while before I have a working plugin.

Jason

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 04:58:20 pm »
Jason,

If you are mixing 'current SVN' and some stable version files than chances are you will get crashes. Can you please post here the strace or better run the application under gdb and put a backtrace. Maybe I will be able to make a quick fix suggestion.

Regards, Kirill