Author Topic: 0810 alpha 2.26 - mythtv MD "crashing" when going from LiveTV to MythTV-MainMenu  (Read 3275 times)

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have got the problem that in 0810 alpha 2.26 something crashes when I go from MythTV liveTV to the Main Menu (with the remote back key). On the core this seems to work fine, but on the MD not.

I have attached a logfile with a tail -f *.log in /var/log/pluto on the MD. It shows that things are OK as long as TV is showing, then when leaving TV things get strange.

Search for "Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None" to find the place where I leave LiveTV.

On 0810 Alpha 2.24 on my test maschine this is not happening. It only happens on my production maschine ... aaargh.

EDIT: I already tried "Rebuild Image" of the MD image using the web. But it did not help.

can I somehow downgrade to 2.24 ?
I found out that I would need to downgrade the following :
pluto-system-database
pluto-orbiter
pluto-dhcpd-plugin
pluto-std-plugins

And I could download them from her - but would it work to install them ?

And btw. why does apt not provide them also ?

Greetings
Viking

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
hmmm, very strange.

If I set "Real time priority threads" active I can go back to the main menu without crashing.

I have 2 versions of the MD lying around.
1. standard build from webpage.
2. MythTV avenard VDPAU updated version.

With the standard version it seems to work with "Real time priority threads" activated. No crashing :) Also the VDPAU
 - but then LiveTV is not working :( as it "hangs" and gives me "NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers." errors in the Spawn_mythfrontend_XXXX.log
As soon as I deactivate "Real time priority threads" LiveTV is OK again ...
Found this

aargh, so either the one bug or the other ....

Greetings
Viking

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Hi,

did not find any solution yet :(

It has something to do with the playback setting "Real time priority threads". If enabled LiveTV hangs for a long time before it plays. If disabled LiveTV is OK, but then something crashes when I go back to the MainMenu and don't press any key for 5-10 of seconds.
Only replaced MythTV on the MD with the new avenard version as the core only has got ATI card - if that is important.

If I use the LinuxMCE version of MythTV with "Real time priority threads" enabled, then things are ok. But if I disable "Real time priority threads" then it also crashes i the main menu.

If I start mythfrontend in a terminal in KDE then it does not "crash". I presume that something elsewhere goes wrong and then kills mythfrontend.real.

Viking

Kaelix

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
I'm having this same problem in alpha 2.26. I have an HDHomeRun and mythTV will crash when I go back to "Live TV" from the guide or scheduler. Sometimes in Live TV the channel seems to get stuck and will freeze my webDT366, I have to reset the orbiter to go back into Live TV (which seems to reset Live TV). I don't know where you changed "Real time priority threads", or where to look for the logs to see what error is being generated. Any help would be appreciated.

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Hi,

Not near my system, so out of the head. May not be 100% right.

Real Time priority you can disable in Settings directly in the mythtv menu - if it does not crash ;) IIRc in "TV settings/playback" on the second page.
Otherwise using http://192.168.80.1/mythweb and then mythtv settings - search for the variable that sounds like realtimePriority and change it from 1 to 0.

Logfiles you can find  in /var/log/pluto

find the latest with - the top one is the newest :

ls -lat | head -3

Greetings
Viking