Author Topic: Solved: sharp Aquos seems to destroy 0810  (Read 4381 times)

maybeoneday

• Guru
    • View Profile
Solved: sharp Aquos seems to destroy 0810
« on: August 02, 2009, 04:43:07 pm »
Hi all,
I've been testing  0810 audio and video on a desktop +crt monitor and have been impressed by speed of  response of  on screen orbiter/system.Thinking I was finally making progress I decided to set up myth,and so moved the hybrid box over to the tv, whereupon the system became unusably slow.,with both ripped and disk media.

The only change I'd made was to connect  Sharp Aquos LC46X20S (to vga input on the same D sub as I'd used with the monitor) , swap pc speakers for Tv audio input, and connect rs232 cable. Sarah picked up  the tv  and I told 'her' to ignore it  as I knew a new template was needed.

After swapping out the tv back to the monitor, the system now responds swiftly again.

Has anyone else experienced this with sharp tv's / have a clue about what's going on / have any suggestions about trouble shooting ?

thanks in advance,
Ian

(many thanks to all involved in the development,)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 12:34:02 pm by maybeoneday »

ivanp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: sharp Aquos seems to destroy 0810
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 05:35:35 pm »
Only thing that occcuers to me might be You should try to run AVWizard again. Check Your logs to see if there are any errors. Also,  disconnect rs232 cable if You are not using it, might be faulty cable causing LMCE to choke. Other then that, i have no clue.
HTH.

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 06:39:44 pm »
Hi,

I would have tried the Sharp L4x whatever it is template.  It's for a 5 hdmi input tv and I believe yours has 3.

Just watch when you are trying to set up the comm port.  It has a habit a trying to setup the tv on com2.

Just say no, that is not the tv, try again and usually on the second attempt you get com1 (unless of course you do have 2 comm port - myself only 1).

Then select your matching hdmi input 1,2 or 3 and your off.

I have no problems with my Aquos causing slowdowns, but I'm doing a clean install - not switching monitors after being built.

You could try re-running AVWizard.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 04:51:28 am by pigdog »

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 11:58:04 pm »
The typical reason for this is X has switched back to the generic vesa driver for your video hardware. This can easily happen if when X is starting up and probes the TV, and something during that process causes it to choke on the response. The vesa driver is very slow for high resolutions and particularly for UI2.

Check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file in the device section it will have "driver" it may be set to "vesa" or even "nv" if you are using nVidia hardware. If you are using nvidia hardware it must be "nvidia". Try switching it back, and also upgrading to a later driver. The log file for X may also give you a clue - /var/log/Xorg.0.log

maybeoneday

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Solved : sharp Aquos seems to destroy 0810
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 12:33:28 pm »
Hi guys

-many thanks for rapid responses,

it appears the problem was the vga cable, after swapping it out  I'm back to a rapid response,
cheers !

regards
Ian