Author Topic: Sangoma VOIP card install / Asterisk  (Read 6135 times)

cramer

• View Profile
Sangoma VOIP card install / Asterisk
« on: July 24, 2009, 09:08:19 pm »
Newbie question:

I am installing a Sangoma B600 card into my core (8.10) as the basis for my Asterisk setup.

During install of the Sangoma driver (Wanpipes), I am asked the question:

Please select the working zaptel directory

I have searched for zaptel.conf and dahdi.conf files as I assumed if I found those, that would be the directory to enter but I can't find either. Asterisk is ticked in the Admin site so I assume that Asterisk and support libraries have been installed. How do I locate the required directory?

Thanks,

Cramer

lemming86_au

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Josh Hagger
Re: Sangoma VOIP card install / Asterisk
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 04:12:35 am »
Hello Cramer,

You will not find dahdi drivers on this system, they are only in the latest version of asteris (v1.6) which LMCE does not use.

I could not find the zaptel source in LMCE for you, you will most likely have to download & compile the zaptel source yourself.
Once that is done, point your sangoma install to the directory you unzipepd the zaptel source to.

Regards,
Josh

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 04:12:21 pm »
How about we integrate the new asterisk with LinuxMCE instead of just installing the zaptel source...

lemming86_au

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Josh Hagger
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 04:01:41 am »
That would be a huge job.

Most of the commands & a lot of the dialplan setup has changed, every piece in LMCE relating to asterisk would need to be rewritten.
I looked at doing it, but my skills are woefully inadequate for the job & I think the devs have plenty on their plate already.

Josh

cramer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:09:53 am »
Thanks guys.

I wasn't sure how to determine which version of Asterisk is installed by MCE so I have downloaded Zaptel 1.4.21, compiled it and now the sangoma card has installed. Now to start using it.

What I am not yet clear on is how much I configure Asterisk directly (as per the Asterisk docos) or whether I do everything through the MCE interface. I have assumed that more sophisticated use of Asterisk may require direct configuration. I would appreciate a lead on this.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 02:42:18 pm »
Now that the card works, what are you trying to accomplish that would require you to dig into the configs?

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 06:56:05 am »
For your setup you will need to manually configure the connection.  There is a good document on the wiki for setting up a sipura device so it will utilize the features of LMCE using a bit of a hack, but it does work.  Now, the only part of that guide that will really be useful to you is the hack, you need to do it this way it you want to utilize the features of LMCE, otherwise you will only be making/receiving calls and not much else will work for you.

Do NOT edit the config files manually as FreePBX will overwrite your changes.  There are a few files you can tweak without being overwritten, but trust me when I tell you to do it through the FreePBX pages.

If you have specific questions regarding the setup I have done a fair bit of playing with different telecom options and can probably assist if needed, but read through the wiki page on the Sipura and I think you'll be fine on your own.

As always, if you get the device working properly, please contribute back and document the steps taken and post them to the wiki so other people can reference them going forward.

cramer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 10:10:22 am »
I'm not sure I do need to go under the LinuxMCE hood but just starting to feel my way. My experience in the past has been that wrapper software often doesn't provide full access to the underlying product. If FreePBX does it all then that suits me. Unfortunately, dmesg is reporting unknown symbols for the Sangoma wanpipe interface (e.g. wanpipe: Unknown symbol register_wan_device) so I am chasing these at the moment. I will be reading the sipuura wiki once I get past the wanpipe problem.

cramer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 08:20:58 pm »
Update. I have followed the new Sangoma install guide specific to the B600 card and the card is now found when I run the  wanrouter hwprobe  command and no errors reported via dmesg.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 08:31:28 pm »
can you create a script that does all of this automatically?

cramer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 07:05:48 pm »

My script building skills are very rusty at the moment. However, the procedure is straight forward, as documented in the link below.

http://wiki.sangoma.com/sangoma-wanpipe-b600