Author Topic: [SOLVED] Mounting (NAS-323) Windows Share on 810.A2.26  (Read 21157 times)

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] Mounting (NAS-323) Windows Share on 810.A2.26
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 05:02:36 am »
It does not look I'm done with this yet, when I came home the D-link  was off-line but not the NS4300N, after quick look I noticed as soon I turn any MD ON, the D-link goes off-line and the Readonly checkbox is checked even though  it is still mounted, so I unchecked the Readonly and checked Online checkbox, reloaded the router, now it is On-line, as long as I don't reboot any MD, or turn ON an MD that was OFF??

I already checked http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=8517.msg57073#msg57073
If I understood it correctly, I do have the modifications of the SMB.CONF, and I have 1.07 FW !!! Just a note my NS4300N does not have a password on the shared folder, is this why it stays ON-LINE ???
Any clues ???
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 06:13:40 am by ccoudsi »
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 09:55:22 am »
Don't forget! MD's don't access their media through the core, they do it directly. They only use the core as the central media library (the MySQL database pluto_media) to look up the media... then because of the clever way that LMCE mounts the remote shares and symlinks them to construct a consistent folder structure, the "local" path to media on the core/hybrid and all MDs appears to be exactly the same.

So each MD constructs the consistent path to the media on the "local" filesystem, then accesses this file to play it. For your NAS, this means the MD then uses its own SAMBA client to connect to the NAS directly (not the core's). Your MD's SAMBA client is causing the same issue as your core was as you haven't modified its configuration yet. And any MD can end up marking the media device as offline/readonly/whatever. So that is what is happening.

Make the same changes on your MD (either directly, or by cd'ing into /usr/pluto/diskless/<MDdevice#>/etc/blahblah), then reboot all MDs and Core....

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2009, 06:37:31 pm »
Colin,
Thank you for the explanation, I SSH from the core to the MDs, and modified "smb.conf", that took care of the On-line problem.

Last night when I was trying to figure out the problem with the MDs, I SSH to the MD from the core, I did "apt-get update & dist-upgrade" also I installed "libdvdcss2 & w32codecs" to play DVD, then I rebooted the MD it stalled on the PVR-150, same results on the other MD, then I went back to WebAdmin and recreated the images rebooted the MDs then I got the AVwizard, is this a correct way to update the MDs?? because I noticed the "libdvdcss2 & w32codecs" were not installed, I had to reinstall them again???
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2009, 09:29:12 pm »
Rebuilding an MD's image will not update it to the same config or version as the core, because the images are unzipped from an archive on the core, not based on the core's files themselves. So yes, if you rebuild the image, you need to re-do any upgrades/config-changes to the MDs manually. I don't know why what you did, didn't work as I have never tried to do this. Sounds like it should have....

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2009, 09:56:20 pm »
if I understood you correctly, if I do "apt-get update & dist-upgrade" on the MD, and reboot the MD, it should come up with the latest version?? and no need to do any image rebuild.

In my case the core has the latest version, the MD has an older version, what I did is, I updated the MD first then it didn't boot, so I rebuilt the images and rebooted the MD and it was ok with the matching version as the core using the orbiter "Advanced screen" .

From your reply, I should have and older version on the MD not the new version because I did an image rebuild? right??

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:09:16 pm by ccoudsi »
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 10:08:05 pm »
As I say, I don't know how you are supposed to upgrade an MD.

However, rebuilding an MD image will rebuild it to whatever version is packed inside the MD image archive sitting on the core. If you modify the core versions or config manually, these changes will not appear in an MD when you rebuild it, as the MD image archive will still contain the original image for the version of the core that you installed.

However, if you update the core's LMCE version using the update/dist-upgrade approach (ie automatically), then presumably those updates will also include a new MD image archive (its basically just like a zip file that contains a basic LMCE installation for an MD) which is at the same version as your newly updated core. So from then, if you rebuild an MD image, it will be based on the files in this new archive and so be at the same level as your core....

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 11:08:28 pm »
Thanks, Colin I got it.  :)
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,