Author Topic: Adding telecom providers for automatic configuration  (Read 8405 times)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
Adding telecom providers for automatic configuration
« on: July 31, 2009, 06:59:12 am »
I've played with quite a few different options for telecom providers and have successfully gotten about 5 different ones and counting working with LMCE, but I need a point in the right direction to enable automatic configuration of new providers.  I am willing to put in the work to sort this out on my own, but if somebody already knows what direction to take there's not much point in me wasting time researching when I can be adding the support.  :)

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Adding telecom providers for automatic configuration
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 01:34:33 pm »
Take a look at the broadvoice template as an example.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 02:54:03 pm »
That's the thing...I don't think that's how phone lines work.  I looked for a device template for the ones already supported and do not see one anywhere.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 03:04:07 pm »
oh... I thought you were talking about VOIP providers... I believe Landline / Semi-VOIP (e.g. Optimum Voice) would require a device template for said device that you plan to hook up to the provider. I do not believe you can have a provider specific template... Unless I am confused about what you're trying to do.

fido

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 03:17:39 pm »
not sure if you are referring to voip providers but if so have a look in /usr/pluto/bin and checkout the scripts like

create_amp_sipgate.pl

There are a couple of others there to using the same naming convention....and are used to auto configure specific voip providers...

You pass them the voip number, useranme, password etc...

The script creates all the necessary setup in asterisk including phone lines as shown in the lmce admin....

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 03:23:39 pm »
Fido, that's exactly what I was looking for, I had seen this long ago but when I was looking for it again I wasn't finding the files.  Thanks for your help

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 03:55:33 pm »
Okay, I have a script working for Gizmo5 now, just need to figure out how to populate the script into the web admin now.  In case you guys haven't heard, Gizmo5 will allow completely free inbound/outbound calling in the US when combined with Google Voice.  Pretty cool stuff and would make a nice way for people testing the waters to try out the phone features without making any commitments

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 03:57:35 pm »
los93sol ,  you read my mind... I was researching documents last night to get GV and Gizmo5 to work together. Will your script give the option to connect GV and Gizmo5? Please let me know once this is ready for testing.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 04:17:23 pm »
It would also be good to have a way to have the GV and Gizmo5 line be the second line if users already have a VOIP provider or landline provider... I don't know how easy it would be for the landline, but the additional VOIP provider should be straight forward...

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 04:27:27 pm »
That was pretty simple!  I'll do a wiki writeup and get the files to a dev for review/submission to SVN.

dlewis: The setup between Gizmo/GV is built into Gizmo5 now, you just go to their homepage and sign into your account, on your profile there is now an option to route all outbound calls through your GV line.  Then in GV you just add your Gizmo line as a forwarding line and you're good to go.  Super easy to do it now, but they limit calls to 20 minutes at a time.  I can deal with that as I never really need to talk to anyone that long and if my 20 minutes is up, I just call right back.  :)  Been testing since last weekend and so far the service is great, much better than my previous setups using my PSTN line and MagicJack.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 04:40:58 pm »
Ah, ok... I haven't logged into my gizmo5 account in a while. Let me know once the wiki page is up and the script is in svn.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 04:58:25 pm »
Wiki page is now up: http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/How_to_properly_add_support_for_SIP_providers

I posted it where it will show up from the web admin when clicking on the link to find out about more than 1 phone line and providers not on the list.

For some reason wiki.linuxmce.org seems to be down currently...maybe someone should be aware of this.  :)

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 06:58:38 pm »
wiki.linuxmce.org works for me.

lemming86_au

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Josh Hagger
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 08:39:21 am »
Gizmo5 also offers the ability to ring Skype contacts, maybe this would appease some of the people that have been asking how to use skype with LMCE.

cadman97

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 04:39:55 pm »
GV thru gizmo only allows 3 minute calls now. Nerd Vittles has a new setup that parks a call to use GV straight thru Asterisk..  http://nerdvittles.com/?p=635

Hope that helps.

Mike