Author Topic: Play Sound command during an event  (Read 2516 times)

brianw

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Play Sound command during an event
« on: July 30, 2009, 10:22:26 pm »
I have the latest 8.10 alpha up and running fairly well.  I have been playing with events and I wanted to play a sound on my N810 when motion is detected.  I added the "Play Sound" command to the motion event but I am a little confused by the first option #19 Data (Data).  #19 tooltip says I need a pointer to the memory block representing the sound file to play.  How do I determine the pointer?

Thanks,

-B

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Play Sound command during an event
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 03:01:52 am »
Brian,

I am not sure that you will be able to do what you are asking. The N810 only has the Orbiter running - therefore there is no linuxMCE device to play audio on it. I believe Play Sound command will only play a sound on a Media Director device. If it really requires a memory pointer then this command would seem only callable from plugin devices.

If you are trying to trigger something on your N810 then you may be restricted to a visual popup at the moment. Of course, you could create a DCE device that handles the command and get that compiled and running on the N810. Assumning that if orbiter can be compiled for N810 then a basic device should also be possible.

Regards
Darren

brianw

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:48:18 pm »
Thanks for the input Darren.  I have the popup working but I also wanted a sound to play in case I wasnt using it at the time.  I will look into creating a dce device for the N810 once I get everything else up and working.

-B

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 09:01:31 am »
darrenmason, please read the code before commenting...

The Play sound command is currently a stub in both the core orbiter, and the OrbiterLinux subclasses. Implement this, and it will work.

anybody want to?

-Thom