Author Topic: 810 + pchdtv 5500 analog setup - Issues upon initial setup with ALSA driver  (Read 2553 times)

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
I've noticed that when upgrading to either 1.0.19 or 1.0.20 ALSA driver I receive many 'unknown symbol' errors when upgrading either manually or via the upgrade script (details here: http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/User:Murdock#My_810_Install_Instructions ).

After making multiple changes to different files and the repo i'm now able to see the /dev/dsp1 file and pull analog audio. The issue now is i'm not exactly certain which changes gave me the ability to receive audio.

When able to receive audio through the analog cable, I was on:
.20 of all alsa modules EXCEPT the driver
.17 of the alsa driver

Has anyone been successful in getting rid of the cx88_alsa 'unknown symbol' errors on .19 or .20?

I'll be continuing to work on this and derive exactly what is needed in order to get the /dev/dsp* and the cx88 card to be recognized in /proc/asounds/cards - though any thoughts/assistance would be appreciated.

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
Update:

Lesson learned - Don't try to update alsa/nvidia/v4l if everything works in standard 810.

Key files for troubleshooting:
  /dev/dsp* <-- These are device files for analog audio
  /dev/dvb/* <-- digital tuner adapter info
  /dev/vbi* <--analog tuner files

cat /proc/asound/cards  <-- ensure more than just your audio output entry is listed, you need to have an audio entry for your tuner. example:
 0 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                      HDA NVidia at 0xf9f78000 irq 22
 1 [CX8801         ]: CX88x - Conexant CX8801
                      Conexant CX8801 at 0xfc000000