Ok, last night I made a clean install - twice actually. When setting up Kubuntu it always recognized my nics in the wrong order. That has never been a problem, since I could later change it in the webadmin of linuxmce. However last night it caused trouble right in the middle of ./mce-install.sh, when suddenly ip-adresses did not get resolved anymore. So I quickly swapped the cables and after I restarted the script it when through. The next problem was with Orbiter-generation for the hybrid. It crashed and went on without actually generating an orbiter, so I got a message, that the config for the orbiter could not be retrieved. I managed to login to the webadmin and enter the required information. it created an orbiter but could not connect to the dcerouter. just out of curiosity at this point I wanted to see what the eee-box would do. interestingly it went past the nic without a problem, but gave me a mount 13 error. since I could not get the orbiter to cooperate I decided to scrap it all again. What I thought was the critical change that might have gotten the eee-box running was, that I did a reboot after the aptitude dist-upgrade (which was not explicitly mentioned in the install instructions, but which made sense since you update the kernel). So I was full of hope and did it all over again, only this time connecting the internetcable to the right nic, so I would not need to restart the script. After the ./post-install.sh was finished, I just shutdown the core and went to bed. This morning I resumed, but now the eee-box just stubbornly does not want to start, no matter what I tried. Someone suggested to me I should update the kernel to 2.26.28, but I do not think this to be a good long term solution, since the final release of LMCE would not be based on this one. I really do not know what I should do. Is there some script I need to run or something...please let me know.