Author Topic: Serial port problem with 2.0.0.40  (Read 6624 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Serial port problem with 2.0.0.40
« on: August 10, 2006, 10:36:14 am »
I have just carried out a new install using the latest kickstart cds, and I must say that I am very impressed with the latest version however I am running some additional software on my hybrid which communicates with my satellite receiver via the serial port on ttyS0.

This software is no longer working and I am wondering if the plug and play software in the latest release of Pluto is causing a problem.

I have reset my satellite and receiver and started my software after pluto has been running for a number of hours but am not seeing any communication via the serial port

This software has worked flawlessly on all previous versions of pluto

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOS

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 08:46:01 pm »
Following the problem described above, I have gone back to version 2.0.0.39 using a kickstart cd and my software works as normal. Just installed using 2.0.0.40 again and my serial comms software fails again  :(

I have also checked the /etc/inittab to see if anything was setup to poll the serial ports but nothing obvious there either.

Absolutely no idea where else to look so any pointers no mater how obvious they may seem would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks for any help

NOS

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 02:01:15 pm »
I think the problem is related to the custom GSD devices.
Can you activate your remote admin and send a private email to me ?
I will try to find out the reason and to place some comments on wiki.
Thanks!

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Off topic
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 08:44:46 pm »
Hi NOS, how is going with VDR in your Pluto installation? I also is very interested in configure VDR in my installation. Can we talk in skype (my name is nite_man) or somewhere else, please?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 11:27:26 am »
Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments, I am away for the next week so dont have access to my system.

@nite_man
I can confirm that VDR is working fine on 2.0.0.40.

I will contact both of you when I return

Regards

NOS

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 11:54:32 am »
Quote from: "NOSILLA99"
Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments, I am away for the next week so dont have access to my system.

@nite_man
I can confirm that VDR is working fine on 2.0.0.40.

I will contact both of you when I return

Regards

NOS

Waiting for you :)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Success
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 04:53:46 pm »
I have now resolved the serial port problem.  My humax receiver when probed was then completely ignoring all further serial port communications.

To fix the problem I edited /usr/pluto/bin/ListSerialPorts.sh and told it to exclude serial port 1(ttyS0) by replacing grep ': ' with grep '[1-9]: ' within the line which assigns a value to Ports.

@nite_man

I will be online between 7pm and 8pm tomorrow night (UK time) to assist with any VDR questions you may have.

NOS

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Success
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 05:16:50 pm »

@nite_man

I will be online between 7pm and 8pm tomorrow night (UK time) to assist with any VDR questions you may have.
NOS

This is great! Can we talk in skype (my id is nite_man) or maybe you prefer some other IM? Just let me know.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 05:22:04 pm »
I have now resolved the serial port problem.  My humax receiver when probed was then completely ignoring all further serial port communications.

To fix the problem I edited /usr/pluto/bin/ListSerialPorts.sh and told it to exclude serial port 1(ttyS0) by replacing grep ': ' with grep '[1-9]: ' within the line which assigns a value to Ports.

@nite_man

NOS

Please keep us posted with info about VDR and Pluto. I'm also the one looking at it...

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 09:06:43 pm »

NOS

I'm online too. Can we talk?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Off-topic
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 08:19:19 pm »

NOS

Hi NOS,

Unfortunatelly, we cannot to talk in Skype ... maybe you put here or in wiki the instrations step by step to configure VDR under Pluto? Or you can mail me - stepanov[dot]michael[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thanks in advance.