Author Topic: HDhomerun - how the heck do I use it?  (Read 2354 times)

nosebreaker

• Guru
    • View Profile
HDhomerun - how the heck do I use it?
« on: July 21, 2009, 04:44:07 am »
Firstly, I cannot even watch this with VLC in Windows, I tried just streaming it in VLC with the IP of the HDhomerun but that doesn't seem to work.  It just says that it cannot connect to udp@hdhr_ip:1234.  The Windows-based configure program does seem to work though and does find channels.

I plugged it into my LMCE network, and it seemed to prompt for some things but didn't seem to work.  I don't really care about schedule info but I did sign up for a schedulesdirect account, but never paid for it so it doesn't do anything of course.

I manually added the HDhomerun into LMCE, and configured schedules direct anyway (even though it doesn't work), but MythTV doesn't seem to see anything, it says that all inputs are being used.

I cannot scan for channels in LMCE, I can't use the mouse to click on the dropdowns, and nothing is shown (I presume it doesnt detect something).  Any ideas?

nosebreaker

• Guru
    • View Profile
disregard
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 05:35:18 am »
I got it to work, there was one screen where I hadn't selected the source as the "nothing" channel info I created.  Very frustrating that it didn't have a useful error message (mythtv's problem, not lmce).

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: HDhomerun - how the heck do I use it?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 03:03:26 pm »
While I understand you've gotten past your issue, here's a great link that I used to setup my hdhomerun to use with mce/myth:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HDHomeRun